PDA

View Full Version : Deauthorize a computer when the os was reinstalled?

furryrabidbunny
Apr 2, 2006, 10:30 PM
I just bought a 20" iMac... so I reinstalled everything on my eMac so my parents could use it (including tiger). I messed up... forgot to deauthorize the computer. Is there a way to still do it? iTunes counts it as a computer still. Should it still show up as being authorize?

DaftUnion
Apr 2, 2006, 11:19 PM
In short, no, there's no way for you to do it...if you get ahold of Apple and request them to deauthorize all your accounts, that could be done, but that's it.

grapes911
Apr 2, 2006, 11:30 PM
Not totally correct. You can deauthorized all your computers yourself.

How do I deauthorize all of my computers?
If you have authorized five computers, a button labeled "Deauthorize All" will appear in your Account Information screen. This button will deauthorize all computers associated with your account. You can then reauthorize up to 5 computers. Note: You can only use this feature once a year.
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/musicstore/authorization/

It may be a pain to first authorized 5 computers, but at least it can be done.

furryrabidbunny
Apr 2, 2006, 11:53 PM
Believe it or not... but I was able to deauthorize the computer. I was shocked. I did a clean install of Jaguar to get Quicken back on there (restore cd wasn't working with tiger for some reason) and then did an update of tiger. Kinda strange... I wonder how deeply imbedded that stuff is. Now I just need to get use to this 20" inch widescreen. Are lcds normally this fuzzy?

mfacey
Apr 2, 2006, 11:56 PM
LCDs shouldn't be fuzzy at all. Should be as sharp as you can imagine. Sounds like you don't have it set to its optimal resolution. Go to System prefs -> Displays and select the highest available resolution. That should sharpen things up!