PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found iPod Story

DCapple
Apr 3, 2006, 03:52 AM
I read about this article (http://apple.qj.net/iPod-Luck/pg/49/aid/13892) about an iPod that has been returned after being lost…

“Maureen Silliman of Boston was having a bad day when she realized her $300 iPod had fallen out of her pocket when she ran to catch the train. He boyfriend suggested that maybe she could put up a lost and found for it on Craiglist. "No," the 24-year-old Silliman said. "Nobody would ever turn in an iPod."

So her boyfriend went ahead and put up the ad and within 24 hours she got her iPod back. The iPod was still loaded with her favorite songs. “

If this thing is true then its more effective to file a lost online or just go to police or places for lost things…

Personally I don’t believe it cause here in our country even if the government is seriously implementing the law still if you lost something as expensive as an iPod you will never see it again…that makes me think of this story if its true or just a publicity of the site….you’ll be the judge!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Ish
Apr 3, 2006, 04:22 AM
I'd believe it. I dropped a bag containing my cards and money while getting into my car in the car park of the local supermarket. I was home before I realised what must have happened. When I went back I found that a couple had handed it in at the shop and everything was still there.

And no, I haven't had any unknown items bought on my cards! Sometimes it's the more expensive things that get returned.

Kernow
Apr 3, 2006, 04:31 AM
I'd believe it too. I know that if I found an iPod I would try and return to it's owner. Another MR member, Janey, did exactly that a while back - see the thread here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=168453). There are honest people out there. :)

student_trap
Apr 3, 2006, 06:08 AM
I'd believe it too. I know that if I found an iPod I would try and return to it's owner. There are honest people out there. :)

exactly. I think she was lucky, but it does happen, it just depends on who sees it first

Sharewaredemon
Apr 3, 2006, 07:53 AM
Sometimes it's the more expensive things that get returned.

I agree, if I found something that wasn't as expensive as an iPod, I would likely just keep it, but if I found an iPod (even a shuffle) I'd try to return it.

DCapple
Apr 3, 2006, 07:42 PM
Dont you think this people who return things that we lost should be somehow rewarded?? :)

macEfan
Apr 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
. I think she was lucky, but it does happen, it just depends on who sees it first

exactly.... some people return stuff and some take it for themselves.. Id always return something if I found it.. Its just wrong to find something and re-sell it...

ReanimationLP
Apr 3, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'd believe it too. I know that if I found an iPod I would try and return to it's owner. Another MR member, Janey, did exactly that a while back - see the thread here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=168453). There are honest people out there. :)

Yeah, there needs to be more Janeys in the world. I'd try to find the owner, but I know a lot of people would just keep it for themselves or pawn it off. x.x

killuminati
Apr 3, 2006, 09:32 PM
I believe it.

Twice in the last 2 months I've left my wallet on the bus and had someone return it. It had lots of cash, credit cards, bank cards and even a Nandos! card in it and they still returned it.

p0intblank
Apr 3, 2006, 10:09 PM
I'm with everyone else here... if I found someone's iPod, I would definitely return it to its rightful owner. Of course I would look through their library first! :D

Ish
Apr 4, 2006, 04:34 AM
Dont you think this people who return things that we lost should be somehow rewarded?? :)

If we can find them, certainly. The people that returned my stuff were described to me and I searched the shop for them but couldn't find them. I once got a lovely letter from a 10-year old girl and another from her mother. I'd found a purse that belonged to the girl in a telephone box and handed it in to the police. Her mum hadn't thought they'd see it again but they'd gone to the police just in case. She thought it was a lovely example for her daughter. Made me feel all warm inside! :o

DCapple
Apr 4, 2006, 08:50 PM
If we can find them, certainly. The people that returned my stuff were described to me and I searched the shop for them but couldn't find them. I once got a lovely letter from a 10-year old girl and another from her mother. I'd found a purse that belonged to the girl in a telephone box and handed it in to the police. Her mum hadn't thought they'd see it again but they'd gone to the police just in case. She thought it was a lovely example for her daughter. Made me feel all warm inside! :o

ohh thats sweet...:)
do you still have contact with this people?

Ish
Apr 7, 2006, 01:59 AM
No, 'fraid not.

Palad1
Apr 7, 2006, 06:59 AM
Return an iPod, gain a friend?

Hally
Apr 7, 2006, 07:34 AM
I thought i had lost my iPod at school or it had been stolen i was absoluely crapping my self just incase it had gone but when i got home there it was sitting on the worktop as i had forgot to pack it. :o

bartelby
Apr 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
A while back I lost my mobile phone. As soon as I got home I phoned Orange to block the phone then the police to get a lost property number for the insurance. I put the phone down and it rang. A woman on the other end said she'd found my phone and told me her address, which was a 2 minute walk away.
I then rang Orange and the Police back to tell them it's been found.

I went passed a shop and bought a bunch of flowers for her, to say thank you.

emw
Apr 7, 2006, 09:47 AM
I believe it.

Twice in the last 2 months I've left my wallet on the bus and had someone return it. It had lots of cash, credit cards, bank cards and even a Nandos! card in it and they still returned it.
You need a better place to store your wallet!

My story - when on vacation we left our "travel" bag for the kids, which is normally filled with just mundane items like diapers and snacks and such, on the sidewalk while we loaded everything in the van and drove off. This time, however, the bag also contained about $1000 worth of camera equipment, not to mention a week's worth of photos.

About 15 minutes down the road we realized we'd left it, and drove back to see if it was still there. It wasn't. After stopping in several stores, we found it. Someone had seen it and turned it in. Whew.