PDA

View Full Version : Get 30gb Ipod now or wait?

Temujin
Apr 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
Should I get the 30gb Ipod w. video or wait?

Supposedly Apple's 30th anniversary should bring new products. So I don't want to get the Ipod, then realizing a new and better product is out there.

student_trap
Apr 3, 2006, 12:18 PM
wait at least untill tuesday (tomorrow), we may see something, although i doubt it. Personally, I don't think that we'll see this proper video ipod, but rather a HD increase on the current models. So, if your library isn't pushing 30gigs anyway, I don't think you'll be too bothered either way. The current ones will be cheaper when new ones come out though, that much is true.

dynamicd
Apr 3, 2006, 01:29 PM
I went through this when I bought my 30gb in December too. I think whenever you buy a piece of technology worth a few hundred dollars or more, there's always that voice in the back of your head telling you to wait. I agree and would wait till at least tomorrow. If nothing happens tomorrow just order it if you want one.

rye9
Apr 3, 2006, 01:42 PM
As said by others, I would wait until tomorrow bc if nothing happens tomorrow.. then go buy it. That's what I am doing because I doubt something will come out within the next month if not tomorrow. I doubt Apple would release products for easter or mother's day... I would expect the next products at the event in August.

Temujin
Apr 3, 2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys. I don't mind getting the 30gb Ipod despite a new and more expensive Ipod being released. Me not benefiting from a price reduction would be another matter.

I'll just have to wait a couple of days then.

Xander562
Apr 3, 2006, 06:54 PM
wait wait wait, look at MacRumor's Buyer's Guide, One of hte tabs at the top of the page, according to the statistics, you should WAIT! some people say it hasn't been that long since an update, but it really has.

Ayre
Apr 3, 2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, but if you've checked the last rumor on the video iPod, the new iPod could cost anywhere from $400-500. Chances are that the 30g will still retain its value as a music player that also plays videos, instead of a movie player that also plays music.