PDA

View Full Version : new ipod user questions

luckylisp
Apr 3, 2006, 12:29 PM
I just got a new 30gb white video ipod. It's amazing. I don't know how I lived without it before. A couple questions from a new user:

1) Is the artwork supposed to show automatically or do you have to download it? (it's not showing for me in itunes or on my ipod)

2) When I loaded my first album on to it I was using wav format (accidentally) and it loaded both the album on to my ipod and in my library both at the same time. I then switched to AAC format and since then it imports the album into my library first and then I have to import it again to get it on to my ipod. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to import an album into both your library and on your ipod at the same time? Or is it supposed to be a two part process?

3) Lastly, are there any important settings I should be aware of and changing in preferences/options before I start the process of importing my music library?

Sorry for so many questions at once, I appreciate any replies. :)

2nyRiggz
Apr 3, 2006, 12:46 PM
1. If you don't buy the music from itunes then you have to obtain your artwork on your own...there are plenty websites to help you with this...amazon or there are apps that grab the artwork for you.

2. the music is loaded into itunes and you must sync your ipod with your itunes lib. to get the music....if you have your ipod set to auto get your music it will sync up when u mount it.

3. put your ipod setting to your liking....like if u want to manually put music on your ipod or auto sync....play around with it..its yours

Enjoy

Bless

luckylisp
Apr 3, 2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks 2nyRiggz. For the album artwork do you need to add it for each song? It only shows for me on a song to song basis, rather than for each album.

n-abounds
Apr 3, 2006, 01:20 PM
You can select the first song in the album, then hold shift and press the last song in the album. Release, and click (Apple Key) and "I". THis gets you the info for the whole album, and if you add artwork there, it adds it for each song on the album.
I think that's what you're asking?