PDA

View Full Version : iBook help

lewie109
Apr 3, 2006, 12:54 PM
is this a problem or not??? :( The bottom of my iBook screen is bulging in the middle, like a gap between the frame and the screen where the iBook logo is located.:eek: What causes? What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Lewie :) :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

reh
Apr 3, 2006, 01:20 PM
Both of my iBooks (800MHz G3 and a 1.2Ghz G4) have done that. It's caused by the somewhat tight hinge. I wouldn't worry about it unless the gap becomes really large.

TLRedhawke
Apr 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
If the machine works as advertised, don't worry about the minimal flaws. Nothing is perfect.

lewie109
Apr 3, 2006, 04:04 PM
Both of my iBooks (800MHz G3 and a 1.2Ghz G4) have done that. It's caused by the somewhat tight hinge. I wouldn't worry about it unless the gap becomes really large.

It kind of is big..........

reh
Apr 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
It kind of is big..........
How big? If it's bothering you and it's still under warranty, give Apple a call. Otherwise, the cost of repair might be a bit much for a mostly cosmetic defect.

ibooksux
May 27, 2006, 02:47 PM
My iBook did that too. Apple should be able to help if you have Applecare. If not under warranty (AND you are VERY mechanically inclined) you can buy a new display housing for $12.14...

http://www.powerbooktech.com/part,name-Display-Housing-for-iBook-G3,ibook-white-g3-12.htm

The same site has instructions follow the link Knowledge.

Just depends on how much it bothers you...