Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
MacFan782040 said:
Yayyyy :)

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/snapshots/114.html

As a note- Walmart lost their spot at #1 and is now #2 taken over by ExxonMobil.

Exxon Mobil brings in about a BILLION DOLLARS A DAY. :mad: :mad: :mad: How can this be alowed in an economy that struggles to fill their tanks on $10 an hour!!!!!!!!
Glad to see that Apple's taken such a leap, but if you want to discuss Exxon Mobil gouging consumers, you'll probably want to take it to the political forum.

(I happen to agree with you, BTW.)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It's ahead of Xerox and that certainly says how they've grown and how the mighty have fallen.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
I really think that they will keep climbing....but I have to say that I hope their market share stays about the same in a way...I don't want the problems of Windows...such as viruses etc :eek:

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Platform said:
but I have to say that I hope their market share stays about the same in a way...

I don't understand the desire for ubiquity from some quarters either.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
iGav said:
I don't understand the desire for ubiquity from some quarters either.

Having 15 - 30 % of the current marketshare wouldn't hurt them at all and would cause someone with applications to notice that there was another viable platform. Had they done the transition to Mac OS X while they still had some marketshare in the early to mid-1990s, application suites and games might be equal on Windows and Mac OS X now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.