PDA

View Full Version : G4 iBook backlight flicker

8thMan
Apr 3, 2006, 03:41 PM
My G4 iBook has developed a distracting problem: the backlight flickers irregularly. Not much, but enough to be annoying, and a cause for worry. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

MIDI_EVIL
Apr 3, 2006, 03:59 PM
My G4 iBook has developed a distracting problem: the backlight flickers irregularly. Not much, but enough to be annoying, and a cause for worry. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

Maybe it's your ambient light sensor reacting slightly to its surroundings?

Rich.

mjstew33
Apr 3, 2006, 04:01 PM
What iBook?

12" or 14". Model?

wordmunger
Apr 3, 2006, 04:25 PM
My iBook backlight tends to flicker when I've just moved the computer -- opened the screen, etc. It goes away after about 5 seconds. No big deal at all; it's always done this, and it's never been a problem or gotten worse.

8thMan
Apr 3, 2006, 07:57 PM
My iBook backlight tends to flicker when I've just moved the computer -- opened the screen, etc. It goes away after about 5 seconds. No big deal at all; it's always done this, and it's never been a problem or gotten worse.

Okay, thanks. My experience has been the same: flickers for few seconds after opening. I was just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some ominous sign of something more grave.

For those asking, it is a 12" 1.33 GHz.

YS2003
Apr 3, 2006, 08:40 PM
Is that how iBooks behave? Flickering screens when you move them? So far my iBook has not developed that unwelcome behavior and I hope it will stay that way. Is that a known issue with the iBook?