Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
What do you think of my 'tar? I am noob with the graphics thing. I made it with GIMP. I have been trying to think of something for my 'tar for awhile now. This is what I came up with.....for right now.

cairo

macrumors regular
May 6, 2005
i think you need another color... the contrast doesnt work for me...

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Hey that's pretty cool, I like it.

While looking at your tar I had a thought. I haven't seen the movie myself so I don't know the significance of the symbol, but wouldn't it be cool if the bloody painted circle thingy was an outline of an apple with a V through it instead of a circle with a V going through it? Just something that came to me that I thought was kinda funny/cool idea wise. :D

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Doctor Q said:
Me neither. Is it red on black? If so, more contrast between light and dark would make it look better to people like me too.
Yes its red on black. The red on the border (if you can see it) is the same color that came with the superman logo I edited, and the V color is from the logo. I think I will work on making more contrast. I do like the apple idea, but I need to make it a "evil" apple logo. Stretching my design skills. That is how we learn.

EDIT: Do macrumors god's get bigger 'tars? Or did I make mine to small?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
trainguy77 said:
Do macrumors god's get bigger 'tars? Or did I make mine to small?
Yes, moderators and administrators can have bigger tars than the maximum of 75x75 for other tar-eligible members. And nobody has to use the maximum.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I think it looks pretty cool - perhaps a little bigger and as others have said try and up the contrast a bit to make it really stand out. Good choice of movie btw!

I've been trying to think of something for a new 'tar but I can't think of anything...

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
tag said:
Hey that's pretty cool, I like it.

While looking at your tar I had a thought. I haven't seen the movie myself so I don't know the significance of the symbol, but wouldn't it be cool if the bloody painted circle thingy was an outline of an apple with a V through it instead of a circle with a V going through it? Just something that came to me that I thought was kinda funny/cool idea wise. :D

I tried it out! what do you think? Is the contrast and better? I changed the red a bit. Maybe I should go stronger what do you think?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Even though it's still dark to me and my faulty vision, I can see the apple and V. You can tinker further, but it doesn't need anything to be perfectly fine.

A minor question: Are the little horizontal lines at the left and right there to make it look reflective or 3D? To me they look more like scratches.

But how it looks to me personally isn't especially important. It's already better than many avatars around here.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
trainguy77 said:
I tried it out! what do you think? Is the contrast and better? I changed the red a bit. Maybe I should go stronger what do you think?

good job! i think i'd like it better without the V (sort of confusing to the eye) but it's a cool idea. SuperApple! :)

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
iBlue said:
good job! i think i'd like it better without the V (sort of confusing to the eye) but it's a cool idea. SuperApple! :)

Yeah, I think it'd be better without the V too, especially since "V" is something you use to cover up authoritarian propaganda, not the logo of a beloved benefactor. ;) Looks good though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.