Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
After installing 10.4.6 I can no longer boot Windows!!! AHHH!

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Read the onmac.net FAQ. It says that you will have to rebless the xom.efi file.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Remember that Apple has said they will not prevent others from running windows on a Mac.

Please use a more descriptive thread title next time!

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Jay42 said:
Remember that Apple has said they will not prevent others from running windows on a Mac.

Please use a more descriptive thread title next time!

Sorry :(

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Os Xp said:

Not a problem, I certainly don't mind if people are receptive to forum etiquette. And, frankly, you'll get more replies this way, too.

kcarnesi

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2006
Yeah you gotta go to http://www.onmac.com and look at the "How To" section, then follow the instructions again, only the part regarding putting the XOM file in your home directory and blessing it via terminal, you will need to complete only that short section of the install, as when you re-installed OS X it would've changed preferences and not called upon this file at boot-up. The partition and all files are still on your drive, this just needs to be completed because it is the file that gives you the option of booting a different OS at startup.

Hope that helps.

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
kcarnesi said:
Yeah you gotta go to http://www.onmac.com and look at the "How To" section, then follow the instructions again, only the part regarding putting the XOM file in your home directory and blessing it via terminal, you will need to complete only that short section of the install, as when you re-installed OS X it would've changed preferences and not called upon this file at boot-up. The partition and all files are still on your drive, this just needs to be completed because it is the file that gives you the option of booting a different OS at startup.

Hope that helps.

I have nothing to do with this thread but i think that is a bad link....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.