PDA

View Full Version : After installing 10.4.6 I can no longer boot Windows!!!

Os Xp
Apr 3, 2006, 07:39 PM
After installing 10.4.6 I can no longer boot Windows!!! AHHH!

jamesW135
Apr 3, 2006, 07:43 PM
:confused: Maybe Apple got smart...... Why would you make a thread on this though?

TDM21
Apr 3, 2006, 07:48 PM
Read the onmac.net FAQ. It says that you will have to rebless the xom.efi file.

Jay42
Apr 3, 2006, 07:55 PM
Remember that Apple has said they will not prevent others from running windows on a Mac.

Please use a more descriptive thread title next time!

Os Xp
Apr 3, 2006, 07:56 PM
Remember that Apple has said they will not prevent others from running windows on a Mac.

Please use a more descriptive thread title next time!

Sorry :(

Jay42
Apr 3, 2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry :(

Not a problem, I certainly don't mind if people are receptive to forum etiquette. And, frankly, you'll get more replies this way, too.

kcarnesi
Apr 4, 2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah you gotta go to www.onmac.com and look at the "How To" section, then follow the instructions again, only the part regarding putting the XOM file in your home directory and blessing it via terminal, you will need to complete only that short section of the install, as when you re-installed OS X it would've changed preferences and not called upon this file at boot-up. The partition and all files are still on your drive, this just needs to be completed because it is the file that gives you the option of booting a different OS at startup.

Hope that helps.

Pistol Pete
Apr 4, 2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah you gotta go to www.onmac.com and look at the "How To" section, then follow the instructions again, only the part regarding putting the XOM file in your home directory and blessing it via terminal, you will need to complete only that short section of the install, as when you re-installed OS X it would've changed preferences and not called upon this file at boot-up. The partition and all files are still on your drive, this just needs to be completed because it is the file that gives you the option of booting a different OS at startup.

Hope that helps.

I have nothing to do with this thread but i think that is a bad link....

.:*Robot Boy*:.
Apr 4, 2006, 05:37 AM
I have nothing to do with this thread but i think that is a bad link....

You're right. The link is www.onmac.net (http://www.onmac.net/).

:)