PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of GodCasts

DCapple
Apr 3, 2006, 10:35 PM
I think Religious groups has figure out another way to reach people…
I think that their target now is a much younger age bracket cause they are using a tool that probably the most popular used by the youth today… A simple search on the net points us to a multitude of sites offering PodCasts with religion on the boards which are also known as Godcast.

For me I don’t think its good that religious groups should use this kind of tool cause if they want to introduce and invite members they should use the old ways cause religion suppose to be obsolete…

What’s your opinion here do you think its good that they are using iPods to invite and introduce religion?

stridey
Apr 3, 2006, 10:37 PM
Meh. I see it pretty much like TV evangelism. I'm not going to watch it, so it doesn't affect me. If others gain spiritual enlightenment from it, that's cool, I guess. I do feel that an important part of religion is community, and I think that's lacking when you take out the person to person contact.

DCapple
Apr 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
yeah but some of religious groups around here in our country are doing evangelism as a job and for money....i feel bad for them though....:(

do you have groups like that in our country??

Stampyhead
Apr 3, 2006, 10:56 PM
I don’t think its good that religious groups should use this kind of tool cause if they want to introduce and invite members they should use the old ways cause religion suppose to be obsolete…
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Funny, last time I checked I thought everyone was protected under the First Amendment (in the U.S. of course), even people who believe and practice their religion. The great thing about podcasts is that anyone with a computer can create a program to disseminate their ideas around the world. No one group or person owns the right to communication. But alas, there will always be bigots trying to quell ideas that do not agree with their own...

CanadaRAM
Apr 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
For me I don’t think its good that religious groups should use this kind of tool cause if they want to introduce and invite members they should use the old ways cause religion suppose to be obsolete…
Ah ok then

Computer geeks can use podcasts (and the bands they like can too, but only if they are cool).

But carpenters have to stick to making their advertisements out of wood, and gardeners, well they better be restricted to stamping out "hire me" in the dirt. 'Cause that's the traditional way.

:rolleyes:

Don't you realize that churches (and temples and other congregations) are already some of the most sophisticated users of video and music technology, and the larger groups of television and radio?

DCapple
Apr 4, 2006, 10:14 PM
Ah ok then

Computer geeks can use podcasts (and the bands they like can too, but only if they are cool).

But carpenters have to stick to making their advertisements out of wood, and gardeners, well they better be restricted to stamping out "hire me" in the dirt. 'Cause that's the traditional way.

:rolleyes:

Don't you realize that churches (and temples and other congregations) are already some of the most sophisticated users of video and music technology, and the larger groups of television and radio?

i know that cause there are many religious groups here in our country who uses television and radio to invite and convince possible followers...