PDA

View Full Version : I refuse to deal with Apple's issues

Haoshiro
Apr 4, 2006, 09:46 AM
So yesterday I see there is a Software Update for Mac OS X 10.4.6 and decide to download and install.

The system asks to reboot, I allow it... only it never reboots!

Several weeks ago my iPod Mini completely stopped working and won't even power on! I had just bought an iHome radio clock to use with that iPod.

So I pay premium prices on products plagued with Apple's issues and I just refuse to deal with it.

Okay, so I contacted Apple support and they tried a bunch of things that failed to get my iMac (Core Duo) working again and ultimately told me to do an Archive & Install, which sucked and took like 2 hours. Everything is back to normal it seems and 10.4.6 actually installed and worked again.

Man, if I had been hasty I would have just sent this sucker back to Apple and waited for Vista! At least it would have been newer and not had any problems, I'm sure! ;)

iPod still doesn't work but it has no warranty... plus its probably the battery which I hear costs $99 to replace anyway, *sigh*

eva01
Apr 4, 2006, 09:54 AM
mmm game section.

Did you try other things before doing the archive and install, like single user mode or verbose mode to see what was going on?

And why would sending the computer back over one issue be intelligent at all.....

Christ my powermac would have been sent back about a thousand times because for some reason my SystemUIServer just likes to crash about twice or three times a week, for no apparent reason (no third party things up there)

but meh i say what the frack do i care i just go to activity monitor and force quit it.

Anyways hopefully your iMac is all better now

Dagless
Apr 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
... Wrong section.

crachoar
Apr 4, 2006, 10:16 AM
Pst...I think he's mocking somebody...

(OMG, BAN!)

g30ffr3y
Apr 4, 2006, 10:24 AM
im pretty sure that this is directed towards that guy
who just "wont deal with M$ issues" even after only
having one easily remedied issue...

i wonder if that guy ever heard of a 14 day exchange...

Haoshiro
Apr 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
Pst...I think he's mocking somebody...

(OMG, BAN!)

Heheh, well this actually did happen to me and when I finally got back in working order I see that topic exploded with 50+ responses, felt my situation was a pretty funny reversal. :D

EDIT: Since this thread was just moved it completely loses its intention, a parody of this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=190967).