Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Keebler said:
i wonder if apple is hurting themselves by delaying on such as service for this long or maybe the big hollywood players are shutting them out after reading about how the music companies are upset (whether they are wrong or right isn't the issue here).[/url]

Delaying this long? This thing started yesterday.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
i think downloading movies would be more of a hassel more than anything else. for one thing you constantly have to backup your movies for safe keeping and if they can't be burned to a disc.. well what happens when you format c? hehe... another thing is when you purchase a store bought dvd its got all the extra features and bonus material already there, for the most part. plus, you don't have to worry about it. throw it on the shelf and it'll always be there, no need to freak out when your hard drive crashes or something.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
right and wrong

milo said:
Delaying this long? This thing started yesterday.

yes, you are correct, this thing just started yesterday, but there are 2 other companies/services (both whose names escape me right now) who are doing this already.

apple is lagging behind, but again, i'm wondering if what happened with the music company (ie. power struggle for increased fees with apple) is scaring hollywood away.

there are issues with dloading movies for sure. i read a report which stated it would be good to own the movie and be able to download it again if need be using a special license. i don't know the ins and outs, but all is know, is that having movies and TV downloadable would be great.

watch what you want, when you want.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I don't think apple has a problem here. Some mp3 players are better than ipods function wise but yet ipod still ruling....same with itunes and the movie store(if they do this) will just follow as well.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.