PDA

View Full Version : A new keyboard?

neonart
Feb 3, 2003, 11:51 PM
I love the feel of my iBook keyboard due to the scissor keys and would love to find something like it for my G4. Macally has the Icekey (see here: http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/icekey.html), but it's white, and I don't like full size keyboards.
So my question is... Do any of you know of a compact (old imac size), USB keyboard, that uses scissor keys?
Thank you for your info and help!

rainman::|:|
Feb 4, 2003, 12:10 AM
There are new flexible keyboards that can roll up, very cool devices. i kind of got the impression that they were a type of adapted scissor keys, but i could be wrong... at any rate, i'm thinking of getting one for the coolness factor...

pnw

neonart
Feb 4, 2003, 12:46 AM
Would one of those be confortable sitting flat on a desk, you think? Those really flat flexible ones may couse strain due to the angle your hands will be inmost of the time.
I'll see if micro center has any to try...

rainman::|:|
Feb 4, 2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by neonart
Would one of those be confortable sitting flat on a desk, you think? Those really flat flexible ones may couse strain due to the angle your hands will be inmost of the time.
I'll see if micro center has any to try...

Probably not, proper angle is everything. i think they were designed more for on-the-go types of things, since they're waterproof.

i've not yet seen any reviews of them in terms of regular typing... sometime soon, i hope... like i said, i'd like to get a couple, i have different places they'd be very handy...

:)
pnw