PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000?

AnthonyKinyon
Apr 5, 2006, 04:08 PM
Has anyone been able to install and run successfully Windows 2000 (which can use most Windows XP drivers without major incident, if any) ? I know Apple says only WinXP SP2 but I've read reports that Vista works and maybe other OSes also. Has anyone tried Win2K yet? If you do please post the results here.

FireArse
Apr 9, 2006, 05:14 AM
Has anyone been able to install and run successfully Windows 2000 (which can use most Windows XP drivers without major incident, if any) ? I know Apple says only WinXP SP2 but I've read reports that Vista works and maybe other OSes also. Has anyone tried Win2K yet? If you do please post the results here.

Yeah - I'm really interested in this too - anybody tried installing win2k on these Intel macs? Why do Apple specify XP SP2?

Thanks,

F

Cabbit
Apr 9, 2006, 05:34 AM
i would be interested in windows 2000 pro as well. i prefer it to xp. to my experiance it seems more stable.

Scottyk9
Apr 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
I have seen reports of Vista, as well as MCE, but no reports of Windows 2000 anywhere running on Boot Camp

kainjow
Apr 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
It will install, but Apple mentions XP SP2 simply because its drivers require that. You won't have ethernet or basically anything else but bad video drivers and basic USB. If you know what you're doing, you can extract some of the drivers from Apple's .exe (actually from the extracted msi in your TEMP folder) and install it manually. It worked for me (on XP w/o SP2).

But if you aren't going for games, try out the Parallels beta. It works quite nicely.