Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I am defintley one who is interested in a 13.3 inch (?) powerbook replacment...

anyone have any thoughts on when we may see a 12 inch Pb successor? not an ibook tho.

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
direzz said:
I am defintley one who is interested in a 13.3 inch (?) powerbook replacment...

anyone have any thoughts on when we may see a 12 inch Pb successor? not an ibook tho.

Probably not. You just can't do much with it besides having an easier time to lug it around :D

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
wickedG35 said:
Probably not. You just can't do much with it besides having an easier time to lug it around :D

i want one. i kno the powerbook wasnt one of apples succesful machines.. but it would be great to have a nice powerful portable...

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I want one too. I think a lot of people do. To think that anyone who wants power must want it in a large size is just... baffling. There haven't really been any rumors about a smaller MBP, so it's really just guessing at this point.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
QCassidy352 said:
I want one too. I think a lot of people do. To think that anyone who wants power must want it in a large size is just... baffling. There haven't really been any rumors about a smaller MBP, so it's really just guessing at this point.

yeah well i guess that one wont be out for a while and i really want something similar to a 12" so i may just go for a 12" pb refurb

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
i can't imagine being on campus all the time without my pb. mine has been great to carry around campus, unlike many of those kids i see lugging around a 17" PB.

i really hope they do another revision of the 12" PB's, cause i would like to buy another one in the future. the one thing i wish they really would put on the 12" PB's is the backlit keyboard, i really love that feature, just wish they would of included it with my 12" Alum PB.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
direzz said:
i want one. i kno the powerbook wasnt one of apples succesful machines.. but it would be great to have a nice powerful portable...

It was very successful... until they started neglecting it. :mad:

It's kind of like a really big PDA. But it's much, much better.

Sweetfeld28 said:
i can't imagine being on campus all the time without my pb. mine has been great to carry around campus, unlike many of those kids i see lugging around a 17" PB.

I'm one of those kids... about to trade in for a 12-inch. No 17-inch MBP, might as well cash in my PB while it still holds value.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
I think we can say goodbye to the iBook line. Jobs said that he wanted "Mac" in the name of every computer they sell, so I expect the next iBook to show up as a MacBook, little brother to the MacBookPro. 13.3" would be the absolute perfect size, assuming they can get the resolution over 1024x768. I want one. Gimme.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Yea, I want the 12" PowerBook replacement...look down at my signature, I already got 160 people to sign... 999,840 more signatures to go, then we'll have something...what shocked me is if you search for "12-inch MacBook Pro" in google, my petition comes up in the first page...:D

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
I think that a 13in widescreen would be too small to be practical, a 12in 4:3 is a much better option.

It would be great for it to be just the same as it is now, but with built in isight, gig of RAM, 80/100 gig HD, intel 1.83, and 128 graphics. that would be the best upgrade.

oh, and a better screen...my only issue with the current 12inchers

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
We may not have heard much about a small MBP, but there have certainly been rumors of a 13" i/MacBook. It would make sense if they carried that over into the pro line.

macpastor

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
MacBook 13" WS

I have heard from the manager at the Apple Store where I live that speculation is that the 12" PB will be dropped in favor of a 13" WS model that meets in the middle between the iBook and PowerBook. For whatever that is worth...

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
macpastor said:
I have heard from the manager at the Apple Store where I live that speculation is that the 12" PB will be dropped in favor of a 13" WS model that meets in the middle between the iBook and PowerBook. For whatever that is worth...

i hope it has really good screen resolution. (the same-if not, a little less-than the 15" MBP.)

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
dferrara said:
Well that doesn't mean all products...

I think it makes more sense to go with iBook/iMac and MacBook Pro/Mac Pro.

Yeah, I hope he doesnt rename the ipod. Think of it.. MacPod... eww.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
dferrara said:
Well that doesn't mean all products...

I think it makes more sense to go with iBook/iMac and MacBook Pro/Mac Pro.

I think it will be the MacBook and the MacBookPro. That's my guess. If they are willing to throw away a pretty well established brand name (powerbook), I can't see why they wouldn't axe iBook as well.

And I'm sure it's not for all Apple products, but I'm pretty sure it'll apply to all Apple computers. There's no way they'd throw away the iPod name!

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
small mbp

i was just in an apple reseller and i talked to the owner, he said he had heard from apple to expect small (12-13 inch) and 17inch models in about 2.5-3 months.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
yadmonkey said:
I think we can say goodbye to the iBook line. Jobs said that he wanted "Mac" in the name of every computer they sell, so I expect the next iBook to show up as a MacBook, little brother to the MacBookPro. 13.3" would be the absolute perfect size, assuming they can get the resolution over 1024x768. I want one. Gimme.

does that mean it will be silver to match the macbook!!! sorry. i dont fancy the white ibook. they look to education-y

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
direzz said:
does that mean it will be silver to match the macbook!!! sorry.

Only in your dreams my friend. :)

i dont fancy the white ibook. they look to education-y

img2.jpg

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.