PDA

View Full Version : Land Line Woes

floriflee
Apr 5, 2006, 09:15 PM
As some of you may already know, I work from home. While most of my communication for work is done via an IP Phone (very funny to work in MD, but have a MA number), I also got a land line to use in the event my internet connection goes down and I need to call out or someone needs to call in (no need to waste cell phone minutes if the company's paying for the line). Now, I understand that the first month or two I may get calls from people trying to get a hold of the person who had this number before me. However, I do not understand people who continue to call for the same person after I have told them they HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER. I have received at least a dozen calls from the same number (the beauty of caller ID) since getting this number back in December, and each time I've picked up I've been very polite when I've told them that the number is wrong.

However, my patience has worn thin today. When we came home from our free movie night tonight the caller ID showed that the person had called twice. One of the times the lady unknowingly left a message and I received about a 2 minute snippet of a conversation between herself and the man in the house talking about Corrina and whether someone had picked up the line and told them they had the wrong number (so they obviously know they've been told this before when they've dialed it). Frankly, if they listened to the voice mail message they would clearly know they had the wrong number because I clearly state my name and the company I work for (you know, standard work VM message) at the beginning of it. I don't know if the woman and man who keep calling are senile or if they think I am lying to them or that I am helping Corrina avoid them when I tell them that this is NOT her number, but I really wish I could somehow convince them to just stop calling. I'm about ready to lay into them the next time they call and threaten to report them to whoever I can. I wish there was someway I could just block their number so I could be rid of them forever. BAH! Get a clue! Sigh...

Edra Derricks, if you're out there reading this post PLEASE STOP CALLING! I don't know who or where Corrina is so for the love of all that is holy leave me to live in peace!

StarbucksSam
Apr 5, 2006, 09:35 PM
HAHAHAHA. Wow, sounds like you are in a pickle. Ask your company about blocking specific numbers. The phone companies offer that on landlines - you should try it if they will approve it. Say it's cutting in to your productivity.

floriflee
Apr 6, 2006, 09:00 AM
HAHAHAHA. Wow, sounds like you are in a pickle. Ask your company about blocking specific numbers. The phone companies offer that on landlines - you should try it if they will approve it. Say it's cutting in to your productivity.

The hubby sent a complaint to Verizon about it last night. Hopefully, they'll do something about it. I'm not sure how much my company can do about it since the line is in my name like a regular residential number (the company just reimburses me the bill every month). It cuts more into my sanity than productivity or anything else. I'm just sitting here working at my desk right now waiting for her to call back so I can just lay down the law with her and her husband/son/friend/whoever that man with her is. If it doesn't stop I may start calling her and asking for Fredrick or something over and over again (I'll block my number, of course. I'm not stupid. :D)

MongoTheGeek
Apr 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
The hubby sent a complaint to Verizon about it last night. Hopefully, they'll do something about it. I'm not sure how much my company can do about it since the line is in my name like a regular residential number (the company just reimburses me the bill every month). It cuts more into my sanity than productivity or anything else. I'm just sitting here working at my desk right now waiting for her to call back so I can just lay down the law with her and her husband/son/friend/whoever that man with her is. If it doesn't stop I may start calling her and asking for Fredrick or something over and over again (I'll block my number, of course. I'm not stupid. :D)

See Rutheless People with Danny Devito. She can't come to the phone...

ChrisWB
Apr 6, 2006, 10:31 AM
Respond pretending to be Corrina's mother. Pretend to be crying and say she's dead "thanks to you people". Say you never want to speak with them again. Hang up abruptly.

nbs2
Apr 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
Respond pretending to be Corrina's mother. Pretend to be crying and say she's dead "thanks to you people". Say you never want to speak with them again. Hang up abruptly.
Honey, I'm too busy to load up AIM express (I do keep MR open in the background though), but do this. I think it is the best idea in a while. Otherwise, I'll pull a Special Ed on them.

floriflee
Apr 6, 2006, 11:01 AM
Honey, I'm too busy to load up AIM express (I do keep MR open in the background though), but do this. I think it is the best idea in a while. Otherwise, I'll pull a Special Ed on them.

Okay. We'll see if she calls this afternoon and I'll report whether it was a hit or miss.