PDA

View Full Version : Right clicking on a MBP

mikaelrules
Apr 5, 2006, 11:15 PM
Since the MBP trackpad only has one button, and control clicking doesn't work, how DO you right click on a laptop? Or do I have to settle using a USB mouse?:confused:

puckhead193
Apr 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
control click (ctrl)

mikaelrules
Apr 5, 2006, 11:29 PM
Control click doesn't seem to work on the Windows side.

theonlyrealj
Apr 6, 2006, 01:13 AM
The easiest way without getting a pc mouse is to single click on an icon and on your keyboard press and hold "shift" + "F10" (Note: the menu may appear in the upper left corner of your screen).

Let me know if it works.

lad1509
Apr 6, 2006, 09:48 PM
The easiest way without getting a pc mouse is to single click on an icon and on your keyboard press and hold "shift" + "F10" (Note: the menu may appear in the upper left corner of your screen).

Let me know if it works.

Ohh my god!
Thats too much to just right click, is there a way to change that and have it shift+click?
thank you in advance

The Senator
Apr 6, 2006, 09:57 PM
get the cheapest usb mouse you can find

lad1509
Apr 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
get the cheapest usb mouse you can find

i was hoping for some kind of a simple hack that could make it Control/click to get a right click..
anyone know of such thing?
thanks

shortys408
Apr 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
id be happy to see apple start using hte right click. Its the one thing that bothers me about macs

Chris Marks
Apr 6, 2006, 11:12 PM
Here's a windows app that enables ctrl+click for right clicking:

http://www.geocities.com/pronto4u/applemouse.html

Just place a shortcut to it in the start menu under Startup.

Hopefully someone (Probably Apple) will create a nicer trackpad driver that includes ctrl+click and scrolling.

Aramis
Apr 6, 2006, 11:15 PM
i was hoping for some kind of a simple hack that could make it Control/click to get a right click..
anyone know of such thing?
thanks

Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/pronto4u/applemouse.html

Works for me...

scifiman
Apr 6, 2006, 11:34 PM
I know that in RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) a right click is done w/ Ctrl+Shift+Click. This probably doesn't work natively in Windows but have you tried it to be sure?

Aramis
Apr 7, 2006, 12:14 AM
I know that in RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) a right click is done w/ Ctrl+Shift+Click. This probably doesn't work natively in Windows but have you tried it to be sure?

Nope. It doesnt work.

lad1509
Apr 7, 2006, 01:02 AM
Thank you so much... i knew there was a simple solution.
thanks again