Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjuddeffect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Osaka, Japan
After starting the mac drivers install, i get through the ATI drivers but then a Msi.chm install error occurs and the installation gets auto-cancelled.

Should I just burn a new driver disk? or is this the windows installation causing the problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Go to bed! ;) Sorry I just thought you needed us to tell you what to do :p

Seriously though, use common sense. We do not know what problem you are having, copy of windows or what mac you are installing to? So how can we in a brief 2 sentance diagnose your problem?

Go back to OS-X and reburn the driver installation disc. If that doesnt work, then you have successfully diagnosed your Windows XP to be the problem and we didn't need to do it for you.

Secondly if it is your windows XP, re-install it or use BootCamp to delete the partition and start again.

There may be problems with certain versions of windows XP, and as this is unsupported BETA program don't expect solutions to come out of the woodwork thick and fast.

I'm sorry if this answer is a bit sharp, it just seems common sense should be dictating your next move and not the people on the forum :rolleyes:

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
That is a bit sharp - surely the point is to bring these problems to peoples attention? This is a forum!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.