PDA

View Full Version : specific questions about iPod case (agent 18)

rye9
Apr 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
1) I hear the screen protector gets scracthed easily, is this true?

2) Is the screen protector detachable?

3) If there is no cover for the click wheel, doesnt dust get under the case where the click wheel is exposed?

4) Is another case better than this one for protecting the screen?

timerollson
Apr 6, 2006, 04:58 PM
1) I hear the screen protector gets scracthed easily, is this true?
Yes, it's true.

2) Is the screen protector detachable?
Not unless, you want to cut it off yourself.

3) If there is no cover for the click wheel, doesnt dust get under the case where the click wheel is exposed?
Yes, which is really annoying to be honest.

4) Is another case better than this one for protecting the screen?
I've heard great things about the Invisible Shield and am contemplating buying it, since the Agent 18 adds unwanted bulk.

decksnap
Apr 6, 2006, 05:24 PM
1. depends what you mean by easily. I have 0 scratches on mine, because I take care of my iPod.

2. No. But it is as transparent as it gets.

3. Have never gotten any dust under the case. It's much better than any of those silicon ones where stuff gets underneath and rubs around and makes big marks. Any case that has ANY openings (like for headphones, dock, etc) will get some dust. The Agent 18 is about as tight of a fit as you can get though.

4. Invisible shield adds a coating to your ipod that is quite 'unsleak.' It also involves soap and water to apply. I recommend the Agent 18 honestly. You can still fit an iPod sock over it if you want, or technically, a shield underneath it.

macpastor
Apr 6, 2006, 05:41 PM
I have the Agent 18 case and I like it. I take care of it so scratches are minimal. I slide it into Apple's case that used to ship with the 60GB iPod photo. Slides in beautiful and protects even the Agent 18 case.

luckylisp
Apr 6, 2006, 05:49 PM
I ended up getting the iSee case (very similar to Agent 18 the main difference being the iSee includes a removeable belt clip) but I used the Agent 18 too and it's a great case. Sure it can scratch if you're chucking it a backpack with a bunch of other stuff or putting it in your pocket with keys, neither of which I would do myself. Dust does not seem to be a problem either as the case fits very snug. If anything it would be very minor.

I also recently saw an iPod in person that had an IS shield on it and personally I prefer the look of a clear case over the screen then the invisible shield which leaves the screen less clear and clean looking then the Agent 18 does, imo. Of course, the biggest factor against the IS is it won't protect your iPod from a drop.