PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp TRIAL

joseph2166
Apr 6, 2006, 05:01 PM
So boot camp is a trial - a trial apple loveingly gave us without telling us how long it was lasting... I've no problem with couging up the money when leopard comes along, but I hope apple don't stop these 'trials' of bootcamp before then!

Any comments on what you think apple are up to?

LimeiBook86
Apr 6, 2006, 05:02 PM
So boot camp is a trial - a trial apple loveingly gave us without telling us how long it was lasting... I've no problem with couging up the money when leopard comes along, but I hope apple don't stop these 'trials' of bootcamp before then!

The in the license agreement it says it will expire in September 2007, that's a lot of time. I wouldn't worry about it since Mac OS X 10.5 should be released by then with the final version of Boot Camp. ;)

helicine
Apr 6, 2006, 06:55 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some sort up "updated beta" well before then too

LimeiBook86
Apr 6, 2006, 07:09 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some sort up "updated beta" well before then too
It will probably be like iChat AV in Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar", you can pay $15 or $30 or something to keep using Jaguar with the iChat AV or when you updated to Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" it was included.

helicine
Apr 6, 2006, 07:26 PM
It will probably be like iChat AV in Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar", you can pay $15 or $30 or something to keep using Jaguar with the iChat AV or when you updated to Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" it was included.

that's exactly what I was thinking

dmw007
Apr 6, 2006, 07:46 PM
The in the license agreement it says it will expire in September 2007, that's a lot of time. I wouldn't worry about it since Mac OS X 10.5 should be released by then with the final version of Boot Camp. ;)

Good point LimeiBook86. :) No need to worry about Boot Camp expiring on you anytime soon joseph2166. :)