PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2: screenshots and FPS

harveypooka
Apr 7, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hello All,
Please find enclosed an image of HL2 with all settings on full - everything! Stunning! I will download an app to get the FPS or find out the key combo for FPS display...really stunning. Have Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to install...will post some shots asap.
I know this is the second or third thread for HL2 but it's so damn good...

MacRumorUser
Apr 7, 2006, 01:42 PM
Download LostCoast and run stress test !!! :)

theonlyrealj
Apr 7, 2006, 02:31 PM
I will download an app to get the FPS or find out the key combo for FPS display...really stunning. Have Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to install...will post some shots asap.
I know this is the second or third thread for HL2 but it's so damn good...

To enable fps for hl2 enable your console menu (the "~" key) and while playing the game bring down the console menu and type "net_graph 3" and a bunch of number appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen. The fps will appear here.

Hope this helps.

kainjow
Apr 7, 2006, 11:28 PM
Heh, I installed CS:S on my Core Solo mini and was getting about 9 FPS :P

EricNau
Apr 7, 2006, 11:39 PM
harveypooka, which Mac are your running this on?

MacRumorUser
Apr 8, 2006, 05:33 AM
On an iMac 20" with screen set to 1680x1050 HDR on Bloom only. All other settings High, No AA

On the Lost Coast Stress Test I get an end result of 54 FPS.....

Drop it down to 1280x768 I get an end result of 86 FPS..... same settings otherwise..

harveypooka
Apr 8, 2006, 08:01 AM
I ran the stress test and got 36.6 fps average...not bloody bad. That's with zero overclocking too....I have the ATI application and might bump it up at 100mhz or so...the only weird thing I have in HL2 is sometimes I get yellow lines on the screen. This has nothing to do with the graphics settings as changing makes no different. I think it's to do with the ATI Desktop help window that comes up evertyime I boot into Windows:

" Using TV Display

Your ATI graphics accelerator can use a TV for your computerís display. To use a TV for your computerís display, you need to ensure that TV display is enabled.

If you are not using a TV for your computerís display, it is recommended that you disable TV display for optimal performance (higher refresh rates). You can re-enable TV display at a later date.

ATI Desktop Help for Windows XP, © ATI Technologies Inc., Version H6.01"

I follow the instructions but there are zero settings to disable the TV and it'll only set my screen to refresh at 60hz. Any ideas?

MacRumorUser
Apr 8, 2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah my 54 was with the ATi Tool. Upped 400/400 to 500/540 Makes a huge difference and at 500/540 it's still a considerable margin to what it could be.