PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare Questions

Lurk
Apr 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
Hey, I've a few questions about AppleCare for iPod.

1) Can I still buy it? I bought the iPod (5g) when it came out. (This is around october/november)

2) I remember being offered AppleCare over the phone when I had my 4g iPod. I declined saying I was planning on buying a new one when it comes out. The person said that I would be able to replace the iPod with a newer model when it came out. -- Is this true?

lamina
Apr 7, 2006, 06:38 PM
Hey, I've a few questions about AppleCare for iPod.

1) Can I still buy it? I bought the iPod (5g) when it came out. (This is around october/november)

2) I remember being offered AppleCare over the phone when I had my 4g iPod. I declined saying I was planning on buying a new one when it comes out. The person said that I would be able to replace the iPod with a newer model when it came out. -- Is this true?

1) Yes you can still buy it. You can buy AppleCare anytime within the first year.

2) About the replacing iPod with a newer model. I just checked out the iPod AppleCare page (http://www.apple.com/support/products/applecareipod.html). It says that it is transferrable between owners, but nothing about between units. I think that's what the AppleCare rep was talking about.

Hope that helps.