PDA

View Full Version : ipod shuffle inquiry...

sam10685
Apr 7, 2006, 11:22 PM
does anyone know if the ipod shuffle is going to be updates and/or replaced any time soon? i want a wide ipod for video/picture functionalities but every rumor on the net says they're going to be replaced any day now... i just wanna get something cheap that i can listen to tunes with for now.

elisha cuthbert
Apr 8, 2006, 12:02 AM
does anyone know if the ipod shuffle is going to be updates and/or replaced any time soon? i want a wide ipod for video/picture functionalities but every rumor on the net says they're going to be replaced any day now... i just wanna get something cheap that i can listen to tunes with for now.

You say something cheap, why not just put some music on your phone its what I did when my ipod was getting replaced

sam10685
Apr 8, 2006, 08:53 AM
You say something cheap, why not just put some music on your phone its what I did when my ipod was getting replaced

how? don't have a SLVR or a ROKR.

elisha cuthbert
Apr 8, 2006, 09:01 AM
how? don't have a SLVR or a ROKR.

Niether do I, I have a Sony K700i and all you have to do is transfer a couple of songs over (your favourites) and then you can change songs every couple of days

Chris Bangle
Apr 8, 2006, 09:35 AM
Its ridiculous... the shuffle is more than a year old, 16monthsish and there hasnt been an ipod update since november (apart from 1gb nano)... What the hell is apple doing..... There better be new ipods soon, tuesday 11th:) but its not looking possible as UK Amazon know has ALL ipods shipping in 24hours. The shuffle is sooo old. I hope apple doesnt just refresh the ipods without changing the form factor. I feel they are being lazy by keeping the look of the imac and mac mini the same. Change the look of them!!!!! You dont become the best company in the world by resting on the succcess of a good design, (imac) If the new powermacs are in the same flipping form factor i will be very angry.

Maxiseller
Apr 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
Well as the addege does; if it works, don't fix it!

The shuffle is the only iPod that hasn't been updated in a while really - and besides which, it is very functional, and surely the only reason they would update it is to give the line a bit of a refresh and hence some more advertisements and free press.

I think a lot of us MR folks are very appreciative of the fact that Macs are once again getting some limelight! You will have your updates but i can't see it happening before the summer season kicks in...maybe June/July...who knows!

Shuffle will hold it's value (in terms of what you pay for it!) Get the 512, it'l hold loads of songs for you, is durable and reliable and you just can't go wrong!

Chris Bangle
Apr 8, 2006, 12:01 PM
A refurbished shuffle is even more value...... If you only want it for a short period of time you cant go wrong with a refurb...

Sharewaredemon
Apr 8, 2006, 01:13 PM

You know I read that comment not considering you were talking about a cell phone.

I laughed...

:rolleyes:

MinorBidoh
Apr 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
would be nice if there was an update for the shuffle. yes their is very little wrong with it but as Chris Bangle has said, its been 16months! Need a shuffle for skiing with but surely an updated model is due!

student_trap
Apr 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
would be nice if there was an update for the shuffle. yes their is very little wrong with it but as Chris Bangle has said, its been 16months! Need a shuffle for skiing with but surely an updated model is due!

i wouldn't worry about it, just buy one, im honestly not sure what they could really do to the shuffle at this point. I suppose add some sort of radio, or up the memory, but thats not going to happen untill the rest of the line gets bumped up. And also, who wants a shuffle with more than a gig of storage? my 512 shuffle is great!

IJ Reilly
Apr 18, 2006, 11:28 AM
For what it is, and what it does, and what it costs, how can the shuffle be improved?

calculus
Apr 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
For what it is, and what it does, and what it costs, how can the shuffle be improved?
Only by giving them away.

QCassidy352
Apr 18, 2006, 01:47 PM

making it a little smaller. It would be great if it didn't block adjoining usb ports on a laptop. If they could get it to the size of a regular usb memory stick that would be awesome.

IJ Reilly
Apr 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
making it a little smaller. It would be great if it didn't block adjoining usb ports on a laptop. If they could get it to the size of a regular usb memory stick that would be awesome.

Good points. Still, if you were looking for a small DMP today, would you pass up the shuffle, or wait for a product redesign, even if you knew they were going to change it in exactly the way you've suggested?

I mean, the thing is already so small, I'm always afraid of losing it!