PDA

View Full Version : eMac - Dismantle for Cleaning?

neoelectronaut
Apr 8, 2006, 12:39 AM
Okay, here we go. I currently own and use a 1Ghz eMac. My current concern is whether or not I should dismantle the sucker to get some of the dust out, as I'm sure blowing it off the fan into the computer in the back isn't the most intelligent of ideas.

After G
Apr 8, 2006, 01:29 AM
Okay, here we go. I currently own and use a 1Ghz eMac. My current concern is whether or not I should dismantle the sucker to get some of the dust out, as I'm sure blowing it off the fan into the computer in the back isn't the most intelligent of ideas.Go for it. The deepest you will get into the computer is to remove the case. Be careful with the power button, though, as it is connected on a SMALL, FRAIL wire. Don't do any sudden pulling off of the shell and you should be fine.

gman71882
Apr 8, 2006, 02:17 AM
Check out This Website (http://www.whoopis.com/computer_repair/) for Take Apart manuals for your computer.

Just Replaced a HD in an eMac- was fun to do but more complicated than i thought it would be. Has much differnt architecture than the older IMacs(Blueberry) and such.

:D :) :rolleyes: :eek: :cool: ;)