Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted details about its upcoming Q2 2006 financial results conference call.

The webcast will take place at 2pm PT/5pm ET on Wednesday, April 19, 2006.

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple's SEC filings.

Apple's Financial Results Conference call provides the recent sales numbers for Apple's product lines and typically provides some insight into Apple's plans.

deadturtle

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Too bad their stock price isnt as high as it was a couple of months ago. Another stock split would be a real boon. At least, looking at the current crop of Macs, Apple's numbers will tell us if the this whole intel thing is taking off, or if PPC sales are still strong with the wait for the 'pro' Tower and cheap laptop.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
deadturtle said:
Too bad their stock price isnt as high as it was a couple of months ago. Another stock split would be a real boon. At least, looking at the current crop of Macs, Apple's numbers will tell us if the this whole intel thing is taking off, or if PPC sales are still strong with the wait for the 'pro' Tower and cheap laptop.
Consumer geared products will help more than anything I would think.

deadturtle

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Yeah, the mini and imac are solid, and they always have the iPod but I think the general consumer market was rather let down by the iPod boombox. Something rather like a Squeezebox that plays the Apple DRM, with an iPod dock, no speaker would really take off. Squeeze and Roku have both gotten a lot press lately, where as a simple boombox thing was kinda just like a 'thats all it does? Including some kind of tuner/media support in the iMac would also really help move it as sort of a niche living room gadget to mainstream media PC. I would say push it on the mini, but there is not enough room, and being able to boast a 20inch screen, 5.1 sound, tv support, itunes, dvd/home movie, slide show, with something a little more robust than that stick of gum they call a remote would really help put some of the wow back in the mac. Right now most of the mac news has been geek factor. Granted booting Winders on yer mac might be cool, but Joe Consumer isnt going to care, he want media, media and more media, with as much ease and all in one functionality as possible. The lack of those functions coupled with the switch to 'Tel, I think, has been the biggest cause of the current dip in stock. That and the media's over hyping of the last product release...
Eh just my ramblings on a Monday AM

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Is there any chance of "buy Apple shares now because the new [insert cool new Apple product here] will sell better even than the iPod"? Have there ever been new product announcments at such a conference?

wedge antilies

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2004
Adelaide, Australia, MAAAATE!
MrCrowbar said:
Is there any chance of "buy Apple shares now because the new [insert cool new Apple product here] will sell better even than the iPod"? Have there ever been new product announcments at such a conference?

I don't believe so. It doesn't make any sense to do it at the same time as Financial Results.

While I'm here, who the HELL is voting this as a NEGATIVE!?!?
"Oh no! Not more bloody financial reports! Didn't they release some three moths ago! All the Financial Reports I got last year been replaced by the iFinancial results-invisa!"

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
deadturtle said:
Yeah, the mini and imac are solid, and they always have the iPod but I think the general consumer market was rather let down by the iPod boombox. AM

While the boombox wasn't well recieved by most poeple in this forum the overall reviews in the industry have been very positive...

What we'll find out though is if it looks good finanically for Apple. And if it sells good...fill in the blank.

I expect the call to be very positive, though they may keep expectations low. The concernin being that the speculation about new hardware sales based upon (Bootcamp, VM, etc) is still a bit hard to nail down...we don't want a nastly little correction later in this quarter.

pavetheforest

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2006
Pennsylvania
wedge antilies said:
While I'm here, who the HELL is voting this as a NEGATIVE!?!?
"Oh no! Not more bloody financial reports! Didn't they release some three moths ago! All the Financial Reports I got last year been replaced by the iFinancial results-invisa!"

everyones a negative thinker because they're bitter about the apple site not being updating, the macbook not being released....and the video ipod and the tablet and powerbook G5, APPARENTLY!!!! duh :cool:

deadturtle

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Bosunsfate said:
While the boombox wasn't well recieved by most poeple in this forum the overall reviews in the industry have been very positive...

What we'll find out though is if it looks good finanically for Apple. And if it sells good...fill in the blank.

Preception, and reception are amazing forces. My observation was simply that I think people were hoping that it would do more that it does. It has been selling well, proving that there is a market for standalone iPod docks, I was trying to reflect on the general feeling, amongst people I've talked to, that while it is selling well it would be cool if... (insert favorite addition here).

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
This will at least give a glimpse of what is coming down the road. Unexpected revenue streams are where you should look for product announcements. This time last year they made some release right around the results since they had to explain a change in revenue projections and they didn't want Business Wonk's Daily to scoop el Stevo.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
BakedBeans said:
so not the g5 powerbook on Tuesday then?

why would we ever get a G5 powerbook?! hasn't Apple already established the fact that we aren't going to see a G5 powerbook by making the MacBook Pro with an Intel Core Duo?

D.av1d

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2006
sam10685 said:
why would we ever get a G5 powerbook?! hasn't Apple already established the fact that we aren't going to see a G5 powerbook by making the MacBook Pro with an Intel Core Duo?

I think it was a joke...:D

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
deadturtle said:
Preception, and reception are amazing forces. My observation was simply that I think people were hoping that it would do more that it does. It has been selling well, proving that there is a market for standalone iPod docks, I was trying to reflect on the general feeling, amongst people I've talked to, that while it is selling well it would be cool if... (insert favorite addition here).

I had not heard if it was selling well or not....if it is that's good news...and to fill in the blank...integrated airport card.;)

deadturtle

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Bosunsfate said:
I had not heard if it was selling well or not....if it is that's good news...and to fill in the blank...integrated airport card.;)

Sorry, shoulda clarified, the apple edu store I've worked for sold quite a few of the darn things, but mostly to college students with book return credit :rolleyes:

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
deadturtle said:
Sorry, shoulda clarified, the apple edu store I've worked for sold quite a few of the darn things, but mostly to college students with book return credit :rolleyes:

Book return credit....hmm, since one of the advertising photos was on the bookshelf holding books up...a connection? :D

Anyway, we'll see what they say. As I'd expected the stock has flatend out...what will next week bring...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.