PDA

View Full Version : defragging ipod hard drive

luckylisp
Apr 10, 2006, 03:39 PM
Should this be done from time to time? I've been reripping and replacing some of my cd's at a higher bitrate and I don't know if all these changes will eventually muck the hard drive up?

dylan
Apr 10, 2006, 04:24 PM
The guys that made techtool and podlock say it makes songs load a lot faster.

luckylisp
Apr 10, 2006, 04:44 PM
Interesting. Are either of them free programs?

jon-chan
Apr 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
Should this be done from time to time? I've been reripping and replacing some of my cd's at a higher bitrate and I don't know if all these changes will eventually muck the hard drive up?

Please forgive my ignorance on the specifics, as I don't have an iPod. But, the easiest way to "defrag" your ipod would be to wipe it clean, and reload all the songs. I assume you have all the songs you would want to load on it in your itunes library. Just wipe the songs from the iPod, and reload them.

lozanoj83
Apr 10, 2006, 05:40 PM
Please forgive my ignorance on the specifics, as I don't have an iPod. But, the easiest way to "defrag" your ipod would be to wipe it clean, and reload all the songs. I assume you have all the songs you would want to load on it in your itunes library. Just wipe the songs from the iPod, and reload them.
In my opinion, an iPod, is the same as a computer harddrive, u put stuff, erase stuff etc. I dont think it would be smart, to erase ur whole directory every time u want to format it (ur dektop) same goes with a iPod, sometimes you may want to defrag ment it so it can go faster, but thats justm y opinion

sjshaw
Apr 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.techography.com/article.php?story=20050505110613918