Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
There's a choice of assignments for April
'The Insanity of Humanity'
or
'Metal'
with bonus points presumably if you manage to fit both in a single image.

You must have taken the picture yourself between 10 and 30 April. If you took a picture that fits the assignment but was taken earlier, then post it in this thread instead.

Anyone can enter from those with (D)SLRs from P&S to cameraphones although they should be pictures that you think are good rather than just snapshots. The goal is not to 'win' but to share the enjoyment of taking pictures and learn from others.

Some basic rules on commenting (basically be nice!) are here. Keep remarks about the topic(s) chosen in this thread.

Post your pictures in this thread by the end of April with a title and we'll start commenting (make sure you title your comment referencing the pic you are commenting on)

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
Combo Shot

This Picture combines metal with the insanity of humanity, i took this at a recent concert of Recycled Percussion, its a 2.5 second time lapse. Great show by the way if they are coming to a town near you i would definately check em out. Titled "Grinder"

Attachments

• DSC_0236.jpg
    DSC_0236.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 289

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
"Recent" photos aren't included here.

Just so that we're all crystal clear (and in case you didn't read the 1st post), here's how it works:

1) If you want to submit a photo for this month's assignment, it must be taken after the topic has been decided on, which means the photo has to be taken after April 10th (or maybe the 11th, depending on where you live in this world). You submit these photos in this thread.

2) If you have a photo that fits the topic(s) this month, but it was taken earlier than April 10th (eg: April 9th, last year, a decade ago) and is in your collection, and you'd love to show us, there's another thread for it, and that thread is HERE.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
TheMasin9 said:
My bad i should have defined RECENT for you. It was taken on april 10th.

doh!

it will be hard to come up with something better now.

great picture.

how many did you take to come up with this shot?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
jelloshotsrule said:
the shoes in the wires.... why would someone put a pair of shoes up there?
Punk kids do it all the time (it's actually not that easy). But the local newspaper (San Jose Mercury) said that supposedly, in some neighborhoods, it's an "open for business" sign for drug dealers. :shrug:

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Self Portrait (I never touched the chalk board)

Attachments

• _MG_0432.jpg
    _MG_0432.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 290
  • _MG_0424.jpg
    _MG_0424.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 272

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
devilot said:
Punk kids do it all the time (it's actually not that easy). But the local newspaper (San Jose Mercury) said that supposedly, in some neighborhoods, it's an "open for business" sign for drug dealers. :shrug:

In a lot of inner cities, that used to be true. I have an uncle that's a 'street cop' and he told me how they used to do that, but they ( the police ) caught on to it really fast, of course.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Over Achiever said:
Unless no one touched the chalkboard in a month, that picture would have been taken around "pi" day, or March 14 (note the happy pi day message on the chalkboard), which would not qualify it for this thread ...
I am insulted, what do I need to post my unaltered RAWs for people to stop questioning when people take pictures? I know the freaking rules, I took this today, April the 11th.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Abstract said:
So you just work on the dirtiest chalkboard ever, with last month's work still on it. Sweeeet.
I don't work on it, and believe me there are worse ones laying around the physics buildings.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
This could be entered for either category. I took this today whilst traveling to Newcastle. It the Angel of the North. It was a very quick shot as I went past.
(I was the passenger by the way in the car)

Attachments

• IMG_0077 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_0077 - Version 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 231

platypus63

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Zanzibar Land
I went out exploring the town where my university is located two days ago, and snapped this picture of the abandoned steel factory. It's a big metal part of the factory with all the furnaces. Looks like a pretty sinister place too.

127652392_ae5ad8710a_b.jpg

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
platypus63 said:
I went out exploring the town where my university is located two days ago, and snapped this picture of the abandoned steel factory. It's a big metal part of the factory with all the furnaces. Looks like a pretty sinister place too.
I expected something like this would come along. No fair making it so big though. ;)

platypus63

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Zanzibar Land
Yea sorry for making it so big,
I couldn't figure out how to post a thumbnail as a link for a picture on a flickr site.

Does anybody know how to do that? I can go back and fix that big picture up in that way.

-Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.