PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with music library and space on HD

snailyhead
Apr 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry to be ignorant about such things but I have just downloaded I tunes and left the computer on for the day whilst it copied all my tunes to its library. Now I have two libraries and the ammount of space taken up by my music collection has now doubled in size. Should I remove my original library and If I do will I still be able to use my new I tunes library to play tunes using the other media players on my P.C e.g Windows media player.

howard
Apr 11, 2006, 03:25 PM
you can do a few things here, either conform to using itunes and let it copy everything into its music folder, then you can delete everything that is outside of that folder that you have doubles of and everything is stored in that one folder. Or you can go into preferences in itunes and uncheck the copy to music folder in the advanced/general preference pane.

there are some other options in that preference pane that you can use to tweak where you want your folder and such.

but then if you uncheck it you can have you music all over the place on your harddrive and in your itunes library, not as organized but some would argue more versatile for there computing style.

if everything is copied to your itunes music folder you can still access it with any other music player, just tell it to look for the file in the itunes folder