Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I''m using a G5 dual core 2.0 with photoshop cs 1. When i try to render lighting effects it crashes. I used the same file on a powerbook g4, in CS2 and it does it fine. Computers acting funny. Any ideas?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
How much RAM have you got in there? And how full is your scratch (probably boot) disk?

Does it crash on all files? Even small ones? What kind of file is it you're working on?

Have you tried ditching the Photoshop preferences file? Have you applied all Photoshop CS1 updaters from Adobe?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
mashinhead said:
I''m using a G5 dual core 2.0 with photoshop cs 1. When i try to render lighting effects it crashes. I used the same file on a powerbook g4, in CS2 and it does it fine. Computers acting funny. Any ideas?

First step, locate and delete the Photoshop preference (plist) files from the Libraries and try again.

The simplest thing (although not the quickest) will be to deinstall Photoshop CS and all of its preference files, and reinstall it from the CD.

Something is b0rked in your PS code, and it might be pretty finicky to find the specific part.

- Good point BV. I assumed it was consistently crashing on the same action, on all files including newly created ones. Is that the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.