PDA

View Full Version : D. Maclean's American Pie on Shuffle problem

ftaok
Apr 13, 2006, 09:23 AM
Just ran into a slight problem with American Pie and the Shuffle. I bought American Pie off of iTMS and it works fine in iTunes. However, I've noticed that on my Shuffle (512MB), I can not "fast forward" through the song by holding the right-arrow button. It just skips to the next song. All other songs work fine with fast forward.

I've updated to the latest iPod software and restored it to "factory conditions", but the problem still persists.

Not really a problem, but it is wierd.

ft

SilentPanda
Apr 13, 2006, 09:26 AM
Have you tried repairing permissions on your Shuffle?

I'm kidding. :P

mrgreen4242
Apr 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
That is indeed very odd. I would email iTMS support and tell them of the issue, it sounds like it might just be a [slightly] corrupted file, in which case they will probably let you redownload the song to see if that fixes it.

IJ Reilly
Apr 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
Have you tried repairing permissions on your Shuffle?

I'm kidding. :P

Did you try driving your Chevy to the levy? Was it dry?

ftaok
Apr 13, 2006, 01:11 PM
That is indeed very odd. I would email iTMS support and tell them of the issue, it sounds like it might just be a [slightly] corrupted file, in which case they will probably let you redownload the song to see if that fixes it.
That's a good idea. I will try that tonight.

My initial thought of the problem was that Don Maclean may have stipulated to Apple that in order to offer American Pie as a single, they would have to disable fast forwarding on it. But I dismissed that after a few minutes of thought. :)