PDA

View Full Version : iPod 3G and Mini upgrade

Dagless
Apr 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
Is it in the slightest bit possible to stick a new HDD into either a 3G or Mini 2G iPod? Just I might be getting a new battery for mine soon, and whilst I'm in there I might stick in larger Microdrive. If possible. Also my girlfriend is in the same boat, only she wants to boost up to a 60gb HDD for her 15gb 3G.

I know batteries are possible. But for drives... I'm sure I heard that they were either very possible or very impossible :D

Labi
Apr 14, 2006, 07:45 AM
Is it in the slightest bit possible to stick a new HDD into either a 3G or Mini 2G iPod? Just I might be getting a new battery for mine soon, and whilst I'm in there I might stick in larger Microdrive. If possible. Also my girlfriend is in the same boat, only she wants to boost up to a 60gb HDD for her 15gb 3G.

I know batteries are possible. But for drives... I'm sure I heard that they were either very possible or very impossible :D

Changing the drive is as possible as changing the batteries.
http://www.2guysamacandawebsite.com/article.php?id=588
You need a dedicated iPod drive, not just any laptop drive. The problem is that they're not very cheap. Also I'm not sure weather the 3G will support 60 gigs. 40 it will.