Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Link.

Well, I think it might just be a case of Schumi telling the Scuderia that they must improve their performance, but maybe he is serious. He still seems committed to driving in F1 and I don't think anyone can say he isn't capable of beating Fernando and Kimi. Flavio would probably give one of his limbs to have Schumi on board, especially after Alonsogate. Discuss.

DrEasy

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2004
I don't see this happening. I think he's always wanted to finish his career with Ferrari. And at least based on last race (in Australia), he's not as sharp as he used to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just decided to retire before this season ends.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
It's a Weber ploy to get more money. ;)

I don't think it'd be the smartest move to leave Ferrari, when they've regained the services of Tombasis, and all the teams will be moving over to Bridgestone next season.

I'm still hoping for a Schumacher/Kimi line up for '07. :D

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
I think that this would totally work for Schumacher and Renault since Shumi's at his strongest when he competes from the front. He is able to maintain the best line so consistently that he's very difficult to overtake.

With the new qualifying rules, Schumi has had a tougher time getting the pole to start, but Renault seem to have developed a car that can make a significant gain right out of the grid. This would allow Schumacher to qualify well but not necessarily first, and then get to or near the front between the start and the first corner.

Could be an interesting combination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.