PDA

View Full Version : Turning on video ipod

luckylisp
Apr 14, 2006, 03:23 PM
Is it normal for it not to start up straight away after it's been off, say, overnight? Mine takes a bit. Sometimes after holding down the button for a few seconds nothing seems to happen, so I have to try again. Then it usually goes to a black screen with a faint pic of the apple logo before actually starting up.

However, after i have had it on for a bit and then turn it off and back on it turns back up quickly. It seems keeping it off overnight puts it into some sort of deep sleep where it then doesnt start as fast when you turn it on. Just wanted to clarify if this is normal behavior?

killuminati
Apr 14, 2006, 04:18 PM
This is perfectly normal. When iPods are left off for a short period of time they are in sort of a "sleep" mode. When they're in that mode they can quickly start up again and be on the same screen as when they were turned off. When they are off for long time, they completely shut down to save battery life. They then have to start up the iPod OS again which is what you're seeing with the Apple logo with the progress bar under it.

luckylisp
Apr 14, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks very much, killuminati. I'm glad to know that's normal behavior.