PDA

View Full Version : PowerMac G4 problem advice needed

munkees
Apr 14, 2006, 06:50 PM
I have a 1.5 GHZ G4 PowerMAc 15". It is about 18 months old. has 1.25 GHz Ram for about 8 months

I been playing Americas Army for about 14 hours, when it started to freeze on me. so I let it sleep for two hours then I went back and played another hour. The whole system froze.

When I start it up it goes Gray and just sits and sits. then after a few hard reboots it now shows the Apple and a Spining Disk of lines gray in color and it just sits there.

The Dommmmmm sound every time it restarts

Any idea wat might be happening?

Are they any app that can hardware diagnose the this mac? or check the fans?

mad jew
Apr 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
Umm, do you mean a PowerBook? It should have come with a Hardware Test CD. Maybe try starting from that. :)

munkees
Apr 14, 2006, 07:01 PM
The only hardware test CD I have every had were on my older macs

mad jew
Apr 14, 2006, 07:04 PM
Okay, well it might be integrated onto one of the other disks you received. Tell us what disks you have. :)

munkees
Apr 15, 2006, 04:44 AM
it is the hard drive, does not show up when the I try to reinstall

guess I will call applecare

munkees
Apr 16, 2006, 01:16 AM
Well I unlpug everything started the tiger install, run disk untilies and tried to repair the HD, failed, so I recreated the partition and re-installed.

All working fine again, played lots of Americas Army, and it ran cool, maybe because I puts some coins under the back feet to raise the computer 3/4 mm higher

mad jew
Apr 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
Did you end up calling AppleCare? :)

Demon Hunter
Apr 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
Okay, well it might be integrated onto one of the other disks you received. Tell us what disks you have. :)

Hold "option" when booting from your original system CD...