PDA

View Full Version : Fox agreement clears path for TV on Web

JimmyB248
Apr 15, 2006, 06:30 PM
Link to iPodNN (http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/06/04/13/fox.ready.for.internet.tv/)

The article above talks about FOX signing a 6 year deal similar to that of ABC's to air reruns of some of their shows online the day after broadcast. Could this be FOX coming around to the idea of online distribution? Could we be seeing 24 on iTMS? Please?!

aricher
Apr 16, 2006, 06:30 PM
Use the search function. This has been discussed many times. Basically Rupert Murdoch doesn't like iTunes/Apple. He wants to control his own content and cashflow. He said in an BusinessWeek interview that Fox/DirecTV, etc will probably start out distributing snippets of shows (recaps or best jokes) to cell phones.

I'm not saying that FOX will never make it iTunes but for the time being it looks like their either doing it themselves or going with another company other than Apple.

treblah
Apr 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
I find it interesting that The OC promotes iTunes as the place to get music from the show so Apple and Fox must have some sort of deal. And as Fox's most popular non-reality show for the 12-20 year olds it would probably be the most likely to come to iTunes before 24 or The Simpsons/Family Guy.

:confused:

JimmyB248
Apr 16, 2006, 08:12 PM
Use the search function. This has been discussed many times. Basically Rupert Murdoch doesn't like iTunes/Apple. He wants to control his own content and cashflow. He said in an BusinessWeek interview that Fox/DirecTV, etc will probably start out distributing snippets of shows (recaps or best jokes) to cell phones.

I'm not saying that FOX will never make it iTunes but for the time being it looks like their either doing it themselves or going with another company other than Apple.

Actually, no, this article is new. That's what this thread is about. The fact that Fox are now distributing their own shows online, a step towards iTunes I feel, they're realising what consumers want. If you don't feel that way, say so, it's a discussion...