PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Video Cards??

satanictree
Apr 15, 2006, 11:17 PM
Hey, I have a powerbook g4 that I mainly just use for school (graphic design) internet, email, yeah. But I play some games, mostly Blizzard stuff, and the only thing I cant stand is how lacking the video card is. A gig of RAM and the best processor they offered for the g4 powerbook is fine for me, but a 64MB video card kinda..sucks. I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the 64mb card that comes by default in the g4 powerbook to something more powerful, preferably 256mb but even 128 will do. And if it's possible, where I can look for cards and how tough is it to install it myself? I worked with plenty of PCs before, built them from scratch, but never a mac and never a laptop. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Russ

eXan
Apr 15, 2006, 11:33 PM
Nope thats not possible.

calebjohnston
Apr 15, 2006, 11:37 PM
64mb isn't bad for a small laptop.

grapes911
Apr 15, 2006, 11:38 PM
The video card on laptops is generally built-in to the motherboard. This is true with the powerbook. It is possible to upgrade to the 9700 with 129MB RAM, but it would require rebuilding most of the computer since most of the components are built-in to the motherboard. It would cost way too much money to be considered feasible.