PDA

View Full Version : Longer widget names

WaRrK
Apr 16, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to have a longer widget name in the widget dock? I have a widget called "Air Traffic Control" which is a longer name than mine, but mine gets truncated with "..."

Thanks in advance!

calebjohnston
Apr 16, 2006, 02:37 PM
No, the widgets just get cut off after a certain point. Can I ask why it matters? You barely ever see the widget bar ever.

mkrishnan
Apr 16, 2006, 02:38 PM
Is that name (ATC) longer than yours in the sense of number of characters or space taken up? It's the later that matters, and a proportional font is being used. :o

WaRrK
Apr 16, 2006, 06:53 PM
No, the widgets just get cut off after a certain point. Can I ask why it matters? You barely ever see the widget bar ever.

I'm a perfectionist and would prefer the look of it not being truncated, and whilst its true - you hardly see it - I'm just fussy ;)

As for proportional fonts I think you've nailed it - I've just laid them out and whilst ATC is 19 to my 18 chars, mine is longer on the page!

Should have thought of that really! :o

Bah, I'll just give it another name! Thanks for the replies!

Take care,
Ash

WaRrK
Apr 16, 2006, 06:58 PM
For information - it looks like "Air Traffic Control" is about the maximum length in width that the dock will support - useful thing to measure against in the future!