PDA

View Full Version : RealPlayer / iTunes radio

Macette
Feb 6, 2003, 10:30 PM
Hi,

A multipart question:

1. I want to listen to BBC radio (www.bbc.co.uk) on the internet.
2. Can't do it in Safari: no plugin. Safari suggests I try RealPlayer, but refuses to load www.real.com ("Too many redirects")
3. Internet Explorer won't load Real.com either (it has in the past, just not today.)
4. Can I use iTunes to listen to bbc radio content? If so, how? I've tried entering the URLs, but there's nothing there... I suspect that's because it won't work on iTunes, but if anyone knows differently, I'd love to know.
5. How can I get RealPlayer if neither of my browsers will open the page?
6. Arrrrgggggghhhhh

FredAkbar
Feb 6, 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Macette
Safari suggests I try RealPlayer, but refuses to load www.real.com ("Too many redirects")

I went to real.com in Safari a couple days ago, and it worked fine. Try it again this evening and tomorrow, and see if it works.

If it still won't load, then...

How can I get RealPlayer if neither of my browsers will open the page?

You can get RealOnePlayer 9 (the OS X version of RealPlayer) at Apple's OS X Downloads site. Search for RealOne, and it finds it. It downloaded fine for me. (Well, I canceled it after about 5 seconds, but until then, it was going fine :) .)

FredAkbar
Feb 6, 2003, 11:07 PM
Just to add to that...I went to the bbc website you gave, and I was able to listen to radio in Safari using my RealPlayer (RealOnePlayer, I guess) plugin.

Macette
Feb 6, 2003, 11:19 PM
yep, it's working now... and i've downloaded. thanks. so anyone know about using itunes for this kind of thing?

FredAkbar
Feb 6, 2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Macette
yep, it's working now... and i've downloaded. thanks. so anyone know about using itunes for this kind of thing?

Nope, but yay, I just noticed that I'm a "macrumors member" (no longer a newbie)...I'm so excited :D ...how long till I become a "macrumors regular"? Anyone know?

--Fred
Macrumors Member :eek:

Macette
Feb 6, 2003, 11:48 PM
i think it happens at 100 posts... maybe 80? maybe 120? can't remember.

irmongoose
Feb 7, 2003, 12:39 AM
Well if it's an actual stream you can go to iTunes and click Advanced>Open Stream and enter the URL, but this BBC "stream" is just a Real file... not a real stream...

if you get what I mean...

irmongoose

bennetsaysargh
Feb 7, 2003, 01:38 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=109045#post109045

has all the MacRumors Ranks and how many posts you need for each rank

FredAkbar
Feb 7, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
has all the MacRumors Ranks and how many posts you need for each rank

Ok thanks.