Feb 7, 2003, 03:09 AM
That does look nice!

gotohamish
Feb 7, 2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by iAlan
Check this little puppy out!!

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/cocoon/

320GB, 200 hours. Cool...and I want one

I was in Tokyo last week and saw these in the shops. V. cool.

H

iAlan
Feb 7, 2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by gotohamish

I was in Tokyo last week and saw these in the shops. V. cool.

H

[off topic, but sorry - anyway, it is my thread!] Cool site you have from your visit here, gotohamish. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I have Japanese monopoly and it is great after a few beers and/or sake. I also have a Star Wars themed version in Japanese, with the properties being all over the place from Endor to god-knows-where. Don't know what is stranger - the fact it is based on Star Wars or the fact it is based on Star Wars and in Japanese?!?!

You are right about Akihabara - it is the best place to buy absolutely anything and everything electrical. That was where I first saw the Cocoon. Will wait a while before getting one to see how they sell and read a few user reports. Anyway, should save my money for the twelvie AlBook.

gotohamish
Feb 7, 2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by iAlan

[off topic, but sorry - anyway, it is my thread!] Cool site you have from your visit here, gotohamish. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I have Japanese monopoly and it is great after a few beers and/or sake. I also have a Star Wars themed version in Japanese, with the properties being all over the place from Endor to god-knows-where. Don't know what is stranger - the fact it is based on Star Wars or the fact it is based on Star Wars and in Japanese?!?!

You are right about Akihabara - it is the best place to buy absolutely anything and everything electrical. That was where I first saw the Cocoon. Will wait a while before getting one to see how they sell and read a few user reports. Anyway, should save my money for the twelvie AlBook.

Thanks so much for looking at the site and my journals. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I had a wicked time in Tokyo and look forward to returning in the future. It was tech heaven!

hamish

aethier
Feb 7, 2003, 11:06 AM
kinda brings my 50 hour PVR to shame:(