PDA

View Full Version : I have a ipod, Mac, and a PC - can all songs sync?

Aidan
Apr 17, 2006, 05:44 PM
I was trying to maunally put songs on my ipod from both my PC and Mac and since its formatted for Mac, it wont show up on a PC. but when I plug in my friends PC formatted ipod into my Mac, it showed up and i could drag songs onto it.
I also have a theory that it has something to do with regersting your Ipod,
beacuse my other friend has a regersted ipod and it wont show up on my Mac. Yet my first friends dose, and his isn't regersted...
All i want to do is have my mac formatted ipod be able to sync with PC's
ugg. Help!

gauchogolfer
Apr 17, 2006, 05:47 PM
OK, first of all, registration has nothing to do with it. The entire issue is Mac-formatting vs. Windows. Your Mac can read either Windows or Mac formatted drives, while the PC cannot. So, if you want to sync your iPod to both Windows and Mac machines, you need to format the iPod drive on the PC. Then you'll be able to use it on both machines.

grapes911
Apr 17, 2006, 05:51 PM
So, if you want to sync your iPod to both Windows and Mac machines, you need to format the iPod drive on the PC.

A Mac can format a disk as FAT32 (MS formating). You do not have to do it on a Windows machine.

gauchogolfer
Apr 17, 2006, 05:58 PM
A Mac can format a disk as FAT32 (MS formating). You do not have to do it on a Windows machine.

Thanks for the correction grapes, I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the OP, but you're absolutely right. I would suggest to the OP that they use the iPod installer software on the PC, as future updates from Apple will work best if done in that manner.