PDA

View Full Version : Charging battery on iPod video

luckylisp
Apr 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
When it the best time to charge it - when it first goes into the red zone or after it's drained all the way down?

Also how do you recalibrate the battery on the video ipods? Is it safe to let the battery run down completely?

student_trap
Apr 18, 2006, 03:54 AM
When it the best time to charge it - when it first goes into the red zone or after it's drained all the way down?

Also how do you recalibrate the battery on the video ipods? Is it safe to let the battery run down completely?

the best thing to do is not to totally drain between recharges, but rather top up the battery's life regularly.

You recalibrate the battery by running it all the way down and charging it all the way up

Check out /www.batteryuniversity.com/

luckylisp
Apr 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks very much, student trap. It's confusing because people keep telling me completely different things. Maybe they don't know the video ipod's battery is a lithium-ion (I believe) so that is where the confusion is coming in.

luckylisp
Apr 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks very much, student trap. It's confusing because people keep telling me completely different things. Maybe they don't know the video ipod's battery is a lithium-ion (I believe?) so that is where the confusion is coming in.