Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiggle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
Hi
I have trying to set up my Nokia N70 to access the internet via my I Mac using a blue tooth connection. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks.

pattersson

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2006
Copenhagen
tiggle said:
Hi
I have trying to set up my Nokia N70 to access the internet via my I Mac using a blue tooth connection. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks.

yes!!

Activate Blutoth and search for devices...choose your Nokia N70 and choose that you want to connect to the internet!!

then just follow the rest of the guide

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
I think you'll need to install the Nokia 3G scripts from here if you want to use 3G/UMTS (they'll also work for GPRS).
Just unzip, put them in /Library/Modem Scripts/. Once you've paired your phone, you'll be able to select one of the scripts from a drop-down - I use the first one with my PowerBook and N70.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
andysmith said:
I think you'll need to install the Nokia 3G scripts from here if you want to use 3G/UMTS (they'll also work for GPRS).
Just unzip, put them in /Library/Modem Scripts/. Once you've paired your phone, you'll be able to select one of the scripts from a drop-down - I use the first one with my PowerBook and N70.

Um reread his post ... dude want to use his home Mac's Internet connection, NOT the cellular 3G connection via a bluetooth connection.

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
Prom1 said:
Um reread his post ... dude want to use his home Mac's Internet connection, NOT the cellular 3G connection via a bluetooth connection.
I did. I think it could mean either way, but using the phone as a modem is a much more common use, so I took it to mean that.

tiggle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
sorry for any confusion. I want to use the mac internet connection to let my phone go on the web. I was trying to use avantgo, which allows downloads of magazines, newspapers etc in phone format. I thought the whole idea of it was to save charges on your phone and dowload stuff direct to your computer and then transfer over to your phone via bluetouth. but it didnt appear that way. I just wondered if I could use a blue tooth connection to go on to the web via the mac...i guess i am trying to emulate a wifi connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.