PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell what font is this?

generik
Apr 18, 2006, 04:42 AM
I have actually been trying to find a match for it all day but to no avail :(

Then again I'm no designer, so a pro might just take a glance at this and identify the font name and size instantly :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet
Apr 18, 2006, 04:49 AM
That font is: Jaggedy-As-Hell Non-Specific Sans Regular. :p

Seriously, it could be a number of things... guesses wildly, Univers, Trade Gothic?

Edit: Or it could be one of a number of Helvetica knock-offs. Swiss, etc...

Detlev
Apr 18, 2006, 05:25 AM
Go to myfonts.com (http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/) WhatTheFont is a feature there that will allow you to upload that image and it will tell you what font it is. If it cannot then you can post it to the pros who will figure it out in a matter of minutes.

MacBoobsPro
Apr 18, 2006, 06:44 AM
I have actually been trying to find a match for it all day but to no avail :(

Then again I'm no designer, so a pro might just take a glance at this and identify the font name and size instantly :rolleyes:

Its Arial. Im a typographer! :cool:

Blue Velvet
Apr 18, 2006, 06:53 AM
Its Arial. Im a typographer! :cool:

The lower-case 'a' seems to have a different curve (i.e. more convex) on the upper part of the counter.

It's hard to tell with such a low-resolution sample.

generik
Apr 18, 2006, 07:25 AM
Go to myfonts.com (http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/) WhatTheFont is a feature there that will allow you to upload that image and it will tell you what font it is. If it cannot then you can post it to the pros who will figure it out in a matter of minutes.

Wow this thing is awesome!!!

MacBoobsPro
Apr 18, 2006, 07:28 AM
The lower-case 'a' seems to have a different curve (i.e. more convex) on the upper part of the counter.

It's hard to tell with such a low-resolution sample.

Thats just because its such a low res image. If the stem/upper curve was drawn 1 pixel higher it would look out of proportion to the rest of the characters.

Trust me, Im a doctor! :D

generik
Apr 18, 2006, 07:31 AM
Thats just because its such a low res image. If the stem/upper curve was drawn 1 pixel higher it would look out of proportion to the rest of the characters.

Trust me, Im a doctor! :D

PhD in fonts? :confused:

CanadaRAM
Apr 18, 2006, 07:42 AM
PhD in fonts? :confused:
Phont Doctor

panoz7
Apr 18, 2006, 08:19 AM
Looks like an almost exact match to arial 25 if you ask me:

Blue Velvet
Apr 18, 2006, 08:22 AM
Looks like an almost exact match to arial 25 if you ask me:

Look at the difference between the tops of the lower-case t.

panoz7
Apr 18, 2006, 09:57 AM
Look at the difference between the tops of the lower-case t.

Shoot... my bad. I was kind of sleepy this morning I guess. You're right about the t. The a's are also slightly different. Its amazing how similar these are. Oh well. Ignore everything I said.

EDIT: I think I may have gotten it right this time. I can't find any differences beyond the top of the a. I think the difference might be due ot pixelation though. Anyway, I think its Franklin Gothic Medium in size 30.

calebjohnston
Apr 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, that looks like a winner to me. The original image is very low resolution so it's a bit hard, but that's pretty dead-on if you ask me.