PDA

View Full Version : Higher Capacity Powerbook Battery?

adk
Apr 18, 2006, 08:46 AM
Frankly, I'm sick of watching movies on planes with my screen so dim it's almost off, worrying the whole time about whether or not I'll make it to the end of the movie before my computer dies. Does anybody make a good 3rd party battery that has a higher capacity than the stock ones?

livingfortoday
Apr 18, 2006, 08:57 AM
Yes, NewerTech makes a series of NuPower batteries that are really nice. I have one for my 15" Powerbook, that I am actually selling right now, here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8796679762

But I still recommend that brand even if my battery doesn't fit your powerbook. You can get the batteries new at macsales.com.

adk
Apr 18, 2006, 09:47 AM
How much more time on average does that battery give you? I know it's hard to gauge but I'd appreciate it. Also, unfortunately I have an Aluminum PB so I can't bid.

livingfortoday
Apr 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
My old battery gave me around 2 - 3 hours, and I felt I could get 4 out of this if I just used it for word processing and internet. Nothing heavy-duty. If I ran the CPU at 100% by folding or something like that, I think I got around 40 minutes? I can't really test it out now since my Powerbook's kinda dead, but I think their numbers on how much longer battery life is are pretty accurate.