Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzhack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
I know ANCHORAGE AK is a shipping stop for most apple products, and today on CNN I saw that they had an earthquake. I hope everyones iMac's are ok.

-patrick

TazGuido

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2002
minneapolis
what earthquake?

are you sure abouth this earthquake-- i didn't hear and haven't heard any news about an earthquake-- when and at what magnitude is this earthquake-- where did you get this info?

cornelius

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
sit back and have a joint,the imacs are ok

CHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- A 4.8-magnitude earthquake jolted the Anchorage area Wednesday, the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center said.

The quake occurred at 8:19 a.m. local time (12:19 p.m. EST) and was centered 10 miles southeast of Anchorage, the state's largest city.

The warning center in Palmer said the quake was 17 miles miles beneath the Earth's surface. No injuries or damage were reported.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
not the people!!

it's rather humorous and sad at the same time that u guys aren't worried if people were hurt....just the iMacs!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
In an earthquake, I would take my PISMO and run over everybody else to the exit.

In a fire I would run in to the house, get my PISMO, and do the same thing.

In a flood, I would take my PISMO, rape it in a plastic bag and claim to the roof of the house.

In an earth colition, I would take my PISMO, the some ones car (mine got stolen 2 weeks ago), then a plane to Orlando FL, and would get in to the space shoutle to save our lives.

If Satanas comes to burn us all in hell, I would take my PISMO and go to church and pray.

I guess we are clear about the realtion about my PISMO and I.

Ps.(Sorry my english is bad hehehehe).

eXistenZ_ng

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2001
Noreg
Originally posted by barvow
On the other hand, if your house caught on fire, would your newly installed iMac come to mind ahead of family members?

Damn, thats a hard question. Anyway, my family members can find their way out by themselves, but my mac can't walk.

quanta

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Colorado
Reealllly likes his PISMO.... but does PISMO share the sentiment?

Typos can really make a difference in a sentence's maming, huh?

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
"I would take my PISMO, rape it in a plastic bag"

now that would be an interesting picture. haha, just kidding. you know, a little bit of humor, it's funny. oh boy, now even I don't know what i'm saying.

I think i'll just shut up.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
4.8 would pretty much have to have been right under the city to have been anything more than merely noticable. Even if it had been, the damage would have been minor. It was probably over before they realized what was happening.

lera

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by G4scott
The best way to accelerate your pee-cee is at 9.8 meters/second^2

I find that this works best by booting your pee cee from the top of a tall building or cliff.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by G4scott
"I would take my PISMO, rape it in a plastic bag"

now that would be an interesting picture. haha, just kidding. you know, a little bit of humor, it's funny. oh boy, now even I don't know what i'm saying.

I think i'll just shut up.

yes it would be an interesting picture. actually raping your computer is a contradiction...seeing as to it that a computer has no will. heh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.