Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
I know the invisible shield instructions say wait 24 hours after applying before using the iPod. However, mine sits right before me, screaming my name. You see, it is a virgin, it has nothing on it yet. :cool: I can't see any visible water on it anywhere, would it be okay to power it up in say, 3-5 hours?

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I wouldn't if I was you. I'd wait the 24 hours just in case there's some water you can't see. Better to be safe then sorry, as they say.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
Yeah that sounds like a safer bet. I actually accidentally turned it on when I was playing with my camera connector for it, I didn't think it would come on since it was on hold. Nothing happened, so I guess no problem. I did turn it off though.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
24 hours?? Bah!

My friend and I waited all of 90 minutes and ours were fine. But I'm a very impatient man, I drove a total of 16 hours roundtrip to my nearest Apple Store because I refused to wait for shipping on my PM G5. :D

Although I won't suggest doing what I did... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.