PDA

View Full Version : Virex 7.2 available at .mac Virex 7.2 available to .Mac members Virex 7.2

medea
Feb 7, 2003, 12:28 PM
The site reads, "Virex 7.2, now with automatic eUpdate. Now .Mac members can enjoy hassle-free protection against the latest worms and viruses, automatically. Just download and launch Virex 7.2 with eUpdate, Virex will automatically download the most current definition (DAT) files that allow it to spot the latest known viruses and worms hidden on your system."

buffsldr
Feb 8, 2003, 12:10 AM
Do any of you .mac members use Virex? I have had .mac for several months and I dont see the point. Have any of you ever detected a virus?

macmax
Feb 8, 2003, 08:05 AM
not with virex
I did detected some kind of virus once, the strange thing isd that th likttle thing kept working fine , but when i send an email to one of my friend's pc's,arghhh', they would detect the virus and have problems.

It is a shame they detected it, otherwise i would have been a hero for destroying some infernal pcs, hehehhehe:D

Shrek
Feb 8, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by macmax

It is a shame they detected it, otherwise i would have been a hero for destroying some infernal pcs, hehehhehe:D

LOL!!! Oh, ha ha ha! Good one! LMAO!!! That one got me laughing real hard!

P.S. Just don't let it happen to my computer, okie dokie. It's all I've got! :eek:

medea
Feb 8, 2003, 02:33 PM
well I have Virex, but I rarely ever scan my system, whens the last time anyone heard about a big Mac OS virus....but I have it to be safe anyways and it came with .mac so why not.

MrMacMan
Feb 8, 2003, 06:37 PM
Anyone with FINK do not install!! There are several problems with Fink and Virex. Do not install this.

That is all.

shakespeare
Feb 9, 2003, 08:33 AM
I didn't like this program at all. I installed it, and it searched really slowly for viruses (finding nothing). I decided it was unnecessary to have it on my system, so I went to delete it, but I found that instead of using the Application Support folder and stuff, it had dropped new folders in the invisible sections of the filesystem. I had to use PathFinder and the install log to get rid of everything. I would definitely be worried that this thing would mess with my system, and I don't like things that don't come with a clean and easy way to get rid of them.

beez7777
Feb 9, 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by shakespeare
I decided it was unnecessary to have it on my system, so I went to delete it, but I found that instead of using the Application Support folder and stuff, it had dropped new folders in the invisible sections of the filesystem. I had to use PathFinder and the install log to get rid of everything. I would definitely be worried that this thing would mess with my system, and I don't like things that don't come with a clean and easy way to get rid of them.

hmmm...sounds very windowsy.

MrMacMan
Feb 9, 2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by beez7777

hmmm...sounds very windowsy.

Yeah read the article on macslash(.com) for more info on this with fink everything goes to hell.