Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I found this one amazing Apple Fact out there on the web:
Bill Gates' house was partially designed using a Macintosh computer.
Google that, its true, I can't believe it! Why wasn't Windows good enough for him to make his own house, huh? Ok, sorry I just had to post that.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Which website is this. It may not be true.

Also, the architect would design/build it. He doesn't oversee what computer the architect uses.

jhu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
I found this one amazing Apple Fact out there on the web:
Bill Gates' house was partially designed using a Macintosh computer.
Google that, its true, I can't believe it! Why wasn't Windows good enough for him to make his own house, huh? Ok, sorry I just had to post that.

did you know apple used to use windows to design their motherboards? why weren't apple computers good enough? because the software only ran on windows! of course, now i don't know where the reference is.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
From what I remember. The architect had Apples in his office that his company used. He never specified whether Bill Gates house was designed with them or other machines in the office. I would assume both.

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
lilstewart said:
Both worlds use each other.

Thats is so true, yet very sad! The coolest apple reseller near me has all the gear and everything for the mac I would even need, but then when you go to pay, the iMac runs virtual PC with windows POS software.

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
Lollypop said:
Thats is so true, yet very sad! The coolest apple reseller near me has all the gear and everything for the mac I would even need, but then when you go to pay, the iMac runs virtual PC with windows POS software.

LOL, haha i noticed that too here in CT.
Its friggin crazy.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
lilstewart said:
Both worlds use each other.
You know the advert for Sony's Bravia range of LCD TVs where they chuck a bunch of coloured balls down a street in SF. Well when I first saw that I assumed it was done with CGI but I saw the 'making of' the advert promo on a Sony display in a Sony shop and its actually done for real, looked a lot of fun, and not only that but in every clip where the making of crew were filming the advert crew you could clearly see that the advert was produced on Apple laptops and desktops. I'd have thought that Sony would've at least placed their own Vaio in shot to make us believe they were used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.