PDA

View Full Version : Ipod video and nano on one computer?

gadgetgirl85
Apr 19, 2006, 01:15 AM
Hi guys. I am getting a video ipod in a couple of days and I am wondering can I have the nano and video ipod on the same computer? at the moment I have under 4 gig music (have 4 gig nano) but want to put some videos on the ipod. Will this be able to work?

balamw
Apr 19, 2006, 02:00 AM
can I have the nano and video ipod on the same computer?
Absolutely!

I currently have my 5G and my wife's mini syncing to the same library. You won't have a problem sticking with the defaults until you have more music than fits on the nano.

B

ipacmm
Apr 19, 2006, 02:32 AM
All you need to do is make different playlists and then point each iPod to their playlist and then you are set.

student_trap
Apr 19, 2006, 04:06 AM
of course! infact, i have six ipods linked to my itunes, all with different playlists on each of them

gadgetgirl85
Apr 19, 2006, 04:05 PM
Coool ok I want the same music/playlists on both but of course I will want to load on video to the ipod video one and not the nano. So it will do it defaultly?

ipacmm
Apr 20, 2006, 01:59 AM
I do not think the Nano will transfer the videos if you are just wanting the same collection. If that is the case, you won't have to do anything but if not, you can always just make a playlist for the videos and check it off when syncing the video ipod and de-select it when you are syncing the nano.