PDA

View Full Version : 10.4.6 PowerBook Problems

munkees
Apr 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
After upgrading to 10.4.6, I am finding that I am hving some problems, and I know think it has lead to my HD being corrupted again. If I run hi intense apps with lots of processor and low to mod disk the system ends up freezeing.

I have remote logged in to see there was a process hoggin the CPU, but that is not the case. I found the Fans, don't quick on as they should. Left side of the PowerBook is getting hot, especially the bottom.

I have a 15" 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook, with 1.25 Ghz Memory. The system has an 80HD.

I don't know for sure if the problem is because the fans don't kick on enough the the HD is overheating and slowly being destroyed or is it is something else.

I ran the hardware test on the disk and every thing passes, He the fans come on during the test. Left side fan seem more powerful than right side.

Any ideas? any body else getting problem with there powerbook since the upgrade to 10.4.6 ?

mad jew
Apr 20, 2006, 01:23 AM
Maybe create a new user account in System Preferences and see if that is bogged down with the same problems. :)

peg2u
Feb 2, 2010, 11:45 AM
I have a i book G4, I upgraded to 10.4.11, and some web sites , safari stops respondeing, and have to force quit , over , and over, very frustrating. I don't know how to solve this problem. Can anyone help? I hate the spinning wheel, when I see it spin , the computer freezes. within a minute being on web site., force quit, force quit, is it safari? or mac, who did it?
:(

California
Feb 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
You do realize you resurrected a FOUR year old thread?

You do realize that 10.4.6 had just came out at that time, and Apple has fixed things since?

It sounds like you need to max your memory (which, out of the dozens and dozens of different Powerbook g4 models do you own anyway?)

and after you max your ram you probably need to get the biggest fastest hard drive available for the G4 laptops, the 320gb 5400 W Digitial hard drive.
This will help with beachballing.